Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-510

Olympus E-510 E-510 specific discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th May 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OM type split focus screen for E-510 and legacy lenses?

Me again!

I stumbled across this on t'internet yesterday: http://myolympus.org/E510/focusscreen/

Now, with me trying my old OM2 50mm 1.8 and newly acquired 1.4 lenses in manual mode I had already thought how well the OM split screen had worked for me 30 years ago to get focus spot on.

Would this replacement screen work?
How would it affect auto focus with the standard digital lenses and would I still see the three illuminating spot focus points in the viewfinder once altered to the OM screen?
What other repercussions???

Looks like a wonderful enhancement if it worked for both OM and E lenses!?