Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen Mini E-PM2

Olympus Pen Mini E-PM2 The second-generation Pen Mini sporting the excellent 16MP sensor from the OM-D E-M5.

Old 31st December 2012
mick mft

Any E-PM2 Users ?

I have recently joined the forum whilst waiting for my E-PM2 Mini to arrive. I know that the E-PM2 is a new model but are there any members using it so far ? Any comments regarding the camera would be welcome.
Old 31st December 2012
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,118 Times in 917 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts
Re: Any E-PM2 Users ?

Welcome, and you may well be the first here with this camera, so initial reports are down to you!!

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 31st December 2012
mick mft

Thanks Stephen. Much to my annoyance Olympus, or the transport system, have decided to take time off for Christmas and New Year. Why anyone would want days off is beyond me but I have to wait for the camera to arrive.

Perhaps when it arrives we may be blessed with the rare commodities of dry days and some daylight, I am keen to try it and will indeed send in a report. That said the E-PM2 uses the same innards as the OMD so it should be good !
Old 1st January 2013

Thanked 1,228 Times in 1,145 Posts
Liked 1,689 Times in 848 Posts

Definitely a warm welcome from me too. I look forward to seeing some posts when your camera finally arrives. A mini camera with an OM-D sensor as you say should be good and worth the wait.
Old 1st January 2013

Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts

Yep... I have one... good little camera...simple to use...I am using it for astrophotography amongst other things so have found it easy to use in the dark
Old 5th January 2013
mick mft

Great news, the recession is over ! No longer are importers and dealers desperate to take money, they are rolling in it. Thanks to the combined efforts of Olympus and my dealer I still do not have the E-PM2 that I ordered. With their gross stupidity and neglect I am £500 better off !
Old 5th January 2013
bluraybha

I held one and personally it's far too cheaply made and "toy" like. The XZ-1 felt faaaaaaaaaar better made. That much money needs to be spent on something where it doesnt feel like a joke.
Old 5th January 2013
mick mft

When I chased up the dealer I waited 7 hours to be called back then I was asked "what did you order ?"...... that really gives you hope.

When I spelt it out "E-PM2 in white" the dealer tried Olympus who said non available in white. Why did they not say that when it was ordered ? Why does the web site show the white model in stock ? Why did the dealer not know what I had ordered ?

Urgent. After 45 + years in photography these people have beaten me, can anyone sell me a stamp collection or a voodoo doll kit ?
Old 5th January 2013
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,118 Times in 917 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts

Do you want to tell us the name of the dealer? Or would you prefer not to name them?

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 5th January 2013

Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts

Where are you buying from Mick? and IMHO..dont go for white!
Old 5th January 2013
mick mft

Dealer said a silver model is in stock so I ordered it. I have little faith in seeing it ! If I go to a dealer who has them in stock its a long drive and they will not give much in part exchange, one refused to take my cameras at any price.

Real problem is that dealers have it too easy now. There are very few camera shops so they know that you are unlikely to tell them to stuff it and go to another dealer.

What goes on today makes me angry. Years ago I worked in the photographic trade and would not have dreamt of giving such sloppy service. We had stiff competition, even in the 70's with no internet ! I can remember taking a customers faulty Olympus OM1 back to the importer myself, collecting a new one, and travelling back by underground all in one morning. In those days the importer was David Williams at Glasshouse Yard, long before Olympus UK was formed. Selling cameras often meant explaining to the customer not only the camera but almost a mini photography course !

What ever happened to customer service ? There use to be an old saying in retail "the customer is king". Now the customer has to beg them to take our money.
Old 11th January 2013
mick mft

After 3 weeks of waiting I cancelled my E-PM2 order. I then made one phone call to Wex and a silver E-PM2 with 14-42 11R lens arrived next day. Not sure what to say about the performance of this camera, photos at ISO 6400 have to be seen to be believed, superb quality and I have taken a few at ISO 12500,just love this little camera ! Will post a photo when I can understand how to do it !
Old 11th January 2013
mick mft

http://www.flickr.com/photos/panason...in/photostream

cannot see how else to post a photo
Old 12th January 2013

Liked 2,337 Times in 833 Posts

Mick
You click on share then select Grab the HTML/BBCode and the size you want copy and paste

Show House Bedroom. Olympus Pen E-PM2 Test at ISO 6400 by mick mft, on Flickr
OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Old 12th January 2013
mick mft

what is the problem with it then ?