Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen E-P2

Olympus Pen E-P2 The second Micro Four Thirds system camera from Olympus, this time with a clip-on high resolution viewfinder.

Old 26th May 2010
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,125 Times in 923 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts
It's arrived! (m4/3 9-18)

Thanks to a windfall from those nice people at Inland Revenue, I decided to invest in a micro four-thirds version of the 9-18 lens. I had been happily using the ZD version with adaptor, but decided in the spirit of downsizing to get the "proper" version for my E-P2.

Well, it arrived this morning, less than 24 hours after ordering it from a UK based Ebay seller (Chris Goodhead Photographic). It comes with European warranty documents, and was considerably cheaper than other outlets.

I've not had chance to use it yet (raining, as usual!) but it certainly seems better made than the standard 14-42 zoom. The zoom mechanism is much stiffer and the focus ring also feels firmer. The black finish goes well with the camera. It doesn't come with either a bag or a hood.

I'll post results once I've a chance (if anyone's interested) and I'll do some comparison shots with the ZD version.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site