Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 8th June 2017

Liked 51 Times in 33 Posts
I miss that noise and what's it worth?

There's something wrong with my E-M5 mark 2! It doesn't make that nice purring noise that my E-5 makes when it shuts down.

I was shooting a party the other week and someone commented that my camera was really small and asked if the pictures will be any good. I pulled my E-5 out and said "Would you rather I took your picture with this instead?" I then went onto explain that, good though the image quality of my E-5 is, the smaller camera takes even better pictures.

Then, I got stopped in the street by someone who commented on what a great camera it looked! I agree. I think the E-M5 II is a great looking camera. (I think the Sony NEXs are really ugly!) I didn't buy it for its looks, though.

Anyway, I am, at some point, going to sell the E-5 DSLR, to help towards funding the OMD-EM1 II I want to buy. The shutter count is around 99500, and there are some body scratches on the base where it has been mounted on tripods. The sensor is clean and the LCDs are unscratched. The two tiny screws that hold the tripod mount in place have fallen out, but I am going to replace them. The smaller of the rubber pads that increased grip with the tripod is missing. I intend to get that sorted too.

I haven't got the original box. I do have the manual and David Busch book to go with it.

I haven't been following the asking price for these, and I haven't often seen them for sale. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ivor

My Flickr

OMD E-M5 Mk II, E-5 and E-510

"A race, a fight or a game can be won but to call something 'the best' in the arts is absurd" Sir Alec Guinness, 28th March 1995
Old 9th June 2017

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: I miss that noise and what's it worth?

They seem to go for 400-500 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-EV...EAAOSwax5Y2peU

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-E-...QAAOSw32lY2nXL
The Following User Says Thank You to Cerebus For This Useful Post:
Ivor (9th June 2017)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ivor (9th June 2017)