Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-300

Olympus E-300 E-300 specific discussion.

Old 23rd December 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MY first digital SLR

There must be E-300 users out there, it sold very well. I think its a great camera. I did trade mine in for an E-330 mainly for the Live View, so I don't have one now. The image quality of my E-300 pics is very good.
Old 29th December 2007

Liked 47 Times in 10 Posts
Re: MY first digital SLR

I still have mine Michelle uses it now. I'm trying to get her more into photography.
With the right lighting you can get spectacular results with the getto cam.
I use Capture one with my e3 and e300. would rate it highly.

Good Shooting
Steve
Old 29th December 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Roughley View Post
I still have mine Michelle uses it now. I'm trying to get her more into photography.
With the right lighting you can get spectacular results with the getto cam.
I use Capture one with my e3 and e300. would rate it highly.

Good Shooting
Steve
Interesting I never got to grips with Capture One. I used to use Rawshooter Premium. Now I use Lightroom. I find Lightroom the easiest Raw developer to use. The catalogue is a bit funny until you get used to it but it is very forgiving. You need lots of RAM though.
Old 30th December 2007

Liked 47 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn R View Post
Interesting I never got to grips with Capture One. I used to use Rawshooter Premium. Now I use Lightroom. I find Lightroom the easiest Raw developer to use. The catalogue is a bit funny until you get used to it but it is very forgiving. You need lots of RAM though.
Yes I have Lightroom also. I managed to get such good results from Capture one though with my E300 .So I wanted to try it with the E3. Up to now I'm getting better results with Capture one than with Lightroom. I also find its easier to use than Lightroom.

Steve

Edit. darn spelling.
Old 7th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm an old E-300 user ... that was my first digital SLR ... I took many pictures with it and as another poster said, it's a great camera when you have adequate lighting ... or use a tripod. When I get to posting a gallery all of my pics will be e-300 or e-3 ...

But yeah, now the E-300 rests in the hands of my step daughter. Guess, being so attached to it for the time I had it, I just had to keep it in the family. Made a great Christmas gift!

Solar
Old 7th January 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Roughley View Post
Yes I have Lightroom also. I managed to get such good results from Capture one though with my E300 .So I wanted to try it with the E3. Up to now I'm getting better results with Capture one than with Lightroom. I also find its easier to use than Lightroom.

Steve

Edit. darn spelling.
Hey Steve

I am considering taking a look at Capture One 4 too. Any chance you may be able to post a small mini-review on the application for those who may be wanting to find out a little more about it please?

I appreciate we can download the 30 day trial but I just haven't had the time to get to doing this just yet.

Old 11th November 2008
Dicky

E300

i have the E300 and just love the build quality so many digital slrs feel too plasticky for an old man like me this feels like a proper SLR from the old days lol a bit like my OM 1 oh yeah it takes great pics too
Old 24th December 2008
MarkVarley

I've been shooting with my E-300 since 2005, until I can justify (afford) an upgrade (probably E-30) I'll continue using it and am very happy with it, I know it inside out and can get great results very reliably with it.

I recently compared it to one of our shooters who uses a Pentax K20 (and previously K10), she's had the K20 for a few months and is on the second body, is cleaning the sensor at least every week & has quite a few dead pixels recorded.

My E300 has been in daily use since 2005, nothing has ever gone wrong, never needs sensor cleaning, no dead pixels, focusses faster too!
Old 9th January 2009

Liked 564 Times in 336 Posts

I use both the E-300 and E-1. For close-up and Macro the 300 leaves the E-1behind, purely for the built in flash, on which I use a diffuser.
In low light always have the flash on and never, ever switch it onto Auto white balance.
Mine has been dropped, immersed, soaked by shaking dogs, almost frozen solid ( so cold the viewing screen started misbehaveing ) the sensor has never been cleaned, it has a broken card door and you pick it up, switch it on and it still takes super images.
I don't class mine a 2nd or backup camera, mine is equal 1st.
Old 28th June 2009
spark

MY first-and only- digital SLR

The E-300 is my first foray into the world of SLR shooting and I have to say I like it, and that I still don't use all the functions. I like the solid feel to it and the fact that is custom designed as a digital camera and not modified to be one. I use PSP for most purposes although I've started 'playing' with RAW and use Olympus master (cause I don't have anything else that will edit RAW files).
Old 29th June 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I upgraded mine for a E-510 and then listed my E-300 forsale locally here but everyone that responded to the ad were low balling so I said to my wife I rather keep it as a backup than to sell it for what people were offering, she then replied with well maybe I'll give it a try, so we showed her some of the basics and she is enjoying using it taking pic's of our granddaughter, and we try to get out for a drive / walk a couple times a month and she enjoys it, and the bonus is we can share lenses also it's a little easier now to justify new glass once and awhile the E-300 is a good camera and does take great photo's.