Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 906 Times in 263 Posts
BIF using CAF with Canon 400/5.6 and metabones

This lens will produce great results i S-AF but up until the other day I never really got any satisfying results in C-AF (I have mostly used it with the E-M1 Mark 1 so far).

I gave it a new try the other day with the E-M1 Mark 2 after updating the metabones FW to version 2.8. When activating all AF points and AF tracking loosest it started to deliver some acceptable results.

The AF acquisition is not exactly lightning fast and will keep in focus for a few seconds before losing track, and you should not expect more that 2 or 3 fps. The setup has its limitations but still...

I was in a hide with limited overview of what was happening in the sky and got caught by surprise by the Osprey, it was already too close when I spotte it and by then it had already filled the frame:

My Gallery on 500px
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Hemlockwood (1 Week Ago), MJ224 (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1,176 Times in 727 Posts
Re: BIF using CAF with Canon 400/5.6 and metabones

The second with the Grebe on the nest for me.

The Grumpy Snapper blog.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts

Were those at Krankesjøn?
I have completely given up on C-AF. Tap tap short bursts work best for me. C-AF also slows the frame rate down too much.
Off Monday for three weeks at the North Sea. I will get lots of chances there to practice BiF with the Mk II/Canon 400 rig.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 906 Times in 263 Posts

Yes, these are taken at Krankesjön, the hide on the south-eastern side. Three weeks at the North Sea sounds nice. Another one has to work...

My Gallery on 500px
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts

Work?!....

Hope we get some nice weather. It has been beastly hot here. Could use some fresh air, but not TOO fresh...