Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 1 Week Ago

Thanked 1,018 Times in 850 Posts
Liked 777 Times in 457 Posts
Re: Anyone for Yoghurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
I didn't know about Terry Leahy's link with B&M link before, so thank you for that Walti.

What a fascinating background Terry Leahy has. We hear lots of talk about lack of opportunities for children from poorer backgrounds, but we never seem to be told about those who are successful; other than footballers of course.
Yes,I didn't realise that either.

For some years after my retirement from "the day job" I worked for Tesco and met him on a few occasions. Every Friday he was away from his office visiting stores around the country (unannounced). He was a very pleasant chap who clearly hadn't forgotten his humbler roots and would chat with staff on the shop floor (not just managers) and would actually ask what they thought about how things were going and genuinely take on board what he was told. A shame there aren't more CEOs like him.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
The Following User Liked This Post:
Naughty Nigel (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1,107 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
Nothing at all like the Woollies in the UK - which in its latter years was a dire place to be.
Woollies UK was a great place for tacky Christmas decorations, but unfortunately the 'tacky' stayed all year round.

I wonder how much they made from the 'pick n mix'?

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 439 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
Woollies UK was a great place for tacky Christmas decorations, but unfortunately the 'tacky' stayed all year round.

I wonder how much they made from the 'pick n mix'?
I imagine it was quite a substantial amount if my spending level on Pick n Mix was any indication

John