Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 931 Times in 358 Posts
Raw not recognised in LR 6

I have LR6, standalone. I have had no problems editing RAW files in develop mode till today when I get this message, "The file is not recognised by the raw format support in Lightroom". This comes up with RAW files that I have been able to edit previously.
Any ideas?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 1,628 Times in 608 Posts
Re: Raw not recognised in LR 6

I've had daft messages come out of Lightroom occasionally and have found it to be card problems.

Check the card is seated correctly in the reader.
If it is check if you can read it with Finder or Explorer, if you can then copy it to your desktop then try an import to Lightroom from there...

If the card reads OK in the camera but not on the computer buy a new un, and connect the camera to the computer using your USB cable and switch the camera to storage and you should be able to copy off the camera (a very expensive card reader)

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...
The Following User Says Thank You to Walti For This Useful Post:
sapper (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,245 Times in 934 Posts
Liked 5,948 Times in 1,938 Posts

Are you running on Apple or Windows? I seem to recall that Apple introduced a raw file interpreter into the OS at some point. If Adobe switched to using that rather than their own then maybe that is part of the problem. OTOH, Adobe pride themselves in their raw handler (ACR), so maybe not.
Portfolio Site
Instagram
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walti View Post
I've had daft messages come out of Lightroom occasionally and have found it to be card problems.

Check the card is seated correctly in the reader.
If it is check if you can read it with Finder or Explorer, if you can then copy it to your desktop then try an import to Lightroom from there...

If the card reads OK in the camera but not on the computer buy a new un, and connect the camera to the computer using your USB cable and switch the camera to storage and you should be able to copy off the camera (a very expensive card reader)
Thanks but nowt to do with the card. I cannot edit files that have already been edited in LR.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
Are you running on Apple or Windows? I seem to recall that Apple introduced a raw file interpreter into the OS at some point. If Adobe switched to using that rather than their own then maybe that is part of the problem. OTOH, Adobe pride themselves in their raw handler (ACR), so maybe not.
Apple. I may get in touch with Adobe.
Annoying that I am getting the same message even with files previously edited in LR.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Problem solved. I have two versions of LR on my Mac,(don't ask) version 6 and 6.14. Version 6 will not recognise Oly raw files, 6.14 does, so I just need to make sure I open the correct LR in future.