Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 21st July 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Total Chaos...

Well I got roped into doing my aunt's wedding photos. I don't have many online except for on Facebook.

All in all I did a decent job, I don't consider them my best mainly because no one at the wedding wanted to smile or pose right when it came to posed shots

But here are a very few of the hundreds I took.

Bride getting ready, 800 ISO, d4mn motel room

Amber, one of the party guests

Dylan, one of the bridesmaid's children.

Then here's the bride at the top of the stairs.

The wedding cake

And just for the heck of it, me the day after the wedding. I bleached my hair after the wedding. This pictures was taken with my grandmother's truck as the tripod and me using my off-brand RM-UC1 to fire the shutter. Do I look my age? (17)

Digital camera: Olympus e420
Lenses used with it: Olympus Digital 14-42mm zoom, Olympus Digital 40-150mm ROKKOR-X 45mm (attached with MD-4/3 adapter ring), Vivitar 80-200mm MACRO FOCUSING ZOOM (attached with MD-4/3 adapter ring), and the MONSTROUS Tamron SP 55BB fixed f/8.0 500mm Tele Macro mirror lens (attached with TAMRON-4/3 adapter ring).
Old 21st July 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Total Chaos...

Also, I dunno if it'll show or not but it's worth a try, here is the album on facebook where all the wedding photos that I kept and uploaded are at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1668641999

Lenses used with it: Olympus Digital 14-42mm zoom, Olympus Digital 40-150mm ROKKOR-X 45mm (attached with MD-4/3 adapter ring), Vivitar 80-200mm MACRO FOCUSING ZOOM (attached with MD-4/3 adapter ring), and the MONSTROUS Tamron SP 55BB fixed f/8.0 500mm Tele Macro mirror lens (attached with TAMRON-4/3 adapter ring).
Old 21st July 2010

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts

Hi Bryant, you certainly caught the flavour of the occasion, I cannot check out the others as I don't have a facebook account.

I would comment that No 1 & 4 are suffering from a slight green cast in the skin tones and are lacking contrast, these can easily be fixed in post processing.

For your consideration.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
Old 21st July 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll work on that in photoshop once I get all the files off of my mother's laptop and over here. I've also gotta find out which ones the bride wants prints of and stuff. I'm glad I'm getting a little cash for this.

Old 21st July 2010
Administrator

Thanked 2,950 Times in 2,290 Posts
Liked 3,829 Times in 1,799 Posts

Well done Bryant, being a wedding tog is always a big responsibility, but to do it successfully at 17 is most impressive!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 22nd July 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you so much

I hope to be a pro some day... I'm actually gonna go talk to some photographers about being an apprentace :P

Old 22nd July 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBCC View Post
Thank you so much

I hope to be a pro some day... I'm actually gonna go talk to some photographers about being an apprentace :P
Go for it!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 22nd July 2010
Administrator

Just a thought, Bryant. We have an excellent wedding, portrait and lifestyle professional who post regularly on our sister site http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum/. Indeed, he is enthusiastic and prolific about all types of photography.

His name is Robert Watcher and it might be worth you looking through his previous threads http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum...earchid=316898

I'm sure if you posted some pictures for advice on that forum he'd be happy to help.

Old 22nd July 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmm sounds great. I'll sign up over there and stuff later on today. Right now it's morning and I just woke up, so I gotta get out and cut the grass...

My aunt seems to really like the pictures, and my whole family is proud of them, but I still feel I could have done better. Especially if I could have gotten there any earlier to check out the wedding site a little better. Oh well though.