Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 12th January 2010
Hao

new ZUkio 11-22mm for sale

Hi guys,

I have received a new year gift from my wife,i am very happy about that,but when i see the gift,i feel sorry to her.the gift is a new 11-22mm.
She bought it from Jessops and did not communicate with me.
but i have bought one secretly last year.a long time not to meet,she give me the suprise.....

so I want sell it secretly again and buy something for her
the 11-22mm is new,never be used.includes Front & Rear Lens Caps, Lens Hood and bag, Manual and one year World Wide Warranty,even the invoice.
if anyone is interested in it,contract with me!

price is 450 Pounds by paypal and next day special delivery.
Old 12th January 2010
gno

Re: new ZUkio 11-22mm for sale

Hi Hao,

Jessops offer a 14 day no-quibble money back guarantee you may just be in time to get your money back as you have the invoice.

Regards

Gavin
Old 12th January 2010
Hao

Quote:
Originally Posted by gno View Post
Hi Hao,

Jessops offer a 14 day no-quibble money back guarantee you may just be in time to get your money back as you have the invoice.

Regards

Gavin

thank you for your reply gno.
the lens no prolbem,i feel bad to return it,and my wife bought it,not me..
so I do not want to let her know that and no time to return it.
Old 12th January 2010

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

I have to say this looks mighty suspicious to me - the story about not returning it just doesn't stack up, however, let's see a picture please Hao (a forum requirement as I recall) as I am certainly interested but will take some convincing.

Also, if bought in Europe, as in Jessops, shouldn't that be a two year warranty?

Jim
(just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they *aren't* out to get me... )
Old 12th January 2010
EH1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima View Post
I have to say this looks mighty suspicious to me - the story about not returning it just doesn't stack up, however, let's see a picture please Hao (a forum requirement as I recall) as I am certainly interested but will take some convincing.

Also, if bought in Europe, as in Jessops, shouldn't that be a two year warranty?

Jim
(just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they *aren't* out to get me... )
Jim, I believe it to only be a 1 year warranty on lenses (2 years on body`s), but I could be wrong! However I too think this all stinks & would advise you to proceed with extreme caution!
Old 12th January 2010
steve s

Hmmm, I am also thinking about getting one of these as my 9-18 is a little to wide for my liking, but £450 seems rather cheap, think I will keep my money in my pocket on this one. And I dont believe the seller has even introduced himself to the forum.

Appologies if Im out of order saying all this.

Steve.
Old 12th January 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve s View Post

Appologies if Im out of order saying all this.
Very strange, check out addition to bottom of completed listing and location.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It has already been sold

Mike
Old 12th January 2010
steve s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLEPOT View Post
Very strange
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It has already been sold

Mike
Looks like your right, so why try selling on here today?
Very strange.

Steve
Old 12th January 2010
EH1

He obviously did`nt like only getting £360 for it on ebay so thought he would try on here for a bit more!....................................either way though he has tried to sell it twice & has been rumbled!
Old 12th January 2010
Administrator

Liked 504 Times in 278 Posts

Whilst I would obviously consider that I've made a mistake I think we've had a few adverts from "new" members recently and its worth a note of caution to anyone thinking about these.

The trouble is it looks to me like we've been "found" by the scammers and it doesn't bode well

Regards
Andy
FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
http://www.shenstone.me.uk
http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
https://vimeo.com/shenstone
http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/
Old 12th January 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

I too am a little weary about this type of sale/selling.

Would you like me to implement a policy of having to have a certain number of posts as well as being a member on here for a specified time before one is allowed to post an item in the for sale areas?

If so, I'll discuss it with Ian and get it sorted.

Thoughts...?

Old 12th January 2010
gno

I dont know how often he has visited the forum, but he has been a member since November 2008.

Regards

Gavin
Old 12th January 2010
Administrator

Liked 504 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
I too am a little weary about this type of sale/selling.

Would you like me to implement a policy of having to have a certain number of posts as well as being a member on here for a specified time before one is allowed to post an item in the for sale areas?

If so, I'll discuss it with Ian and get it sorted.

Thoughts...?
Trouble is John people will then just post in another section and if someone notices thet's say Oops .. I just think we have to say "caveat emptor" to our members

Regards
Andy
FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
http://www.shenstone.me.uk
http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
https://vimeo.com/shenstone
http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/
Old 12th January 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

On the two watch forums I use, there is a minimum 50 post rule for new members. Until then, they can't P.M or post in the sales forum. Indeed on one of them they can only post in one sub forum so the admin can keep track of the posts to see that they are contributing and not posting 50 posts of Smiles
This is to stop dealers as well as folks trying to get a free sales medium.

As a matter of intrest two of these lens finished today on E-bay, one at £356 with postage and UV and PL filters that I managed to win, the other at £353 with postage. Both described as little used in good condition.

Mike

Last edited by TRIPLEPOT; 12th January 2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 12th January 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A solution that has worked well for a non photography forum slightly larger than this one I moderate on was simply to say "You must have made a reasonable number of posts before selling an item". Don't set any particular post limit or people will just spam post (in the form of introductions or short I agree type posts) to build up their count before advertising in the classifieds.

With no such limit it effectively comes down to a moderators opinion on whether a classifieds post should be left to run its course or be removed - which sounds a bit iffy but in reality works very well - you soon get to know which members are genuine and which have joined just to sell / scam. Obviously moderators have the ability to check on the quality of a members posts not just the quantity before coming to a decision - making it more straight forward than it might seem from the outset. As such maybe wording to the effect "You must have made a valuable contribution to the forum before posting in the classifieds section" maybe more appropriate either way I do think some restriction is fast becoming neccessary, I've noticed a few suspicious looking for sale posts now which would have been pulled had it been on our forum. Clearly until a member has built up a few posts it is impossible to come to any sort of decision about their intentions and so whilst there is still any doubt would be prevented from selling an item - be firm but fair and the members on the whole will come to trust the decisions and as a result should gain a little more confidence in dealing via the site.

Even though it is the responsibilty of each member to make sure he/she isn't being taken for a ride I do think that the moderators / admin have a duty to at least try and minimize the risk of their members being scammed and anyway the last thing the hard working admin and mods want is forum to become known as a soft spot - one bad experience will not only put off the buyer (or seller) but could put off alot of other users too.