Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 3rd January 2008
rob280165

Austrian Panorama (Large)

This is my first picture post here. This was taken while on holiday last year with my E400 and stitched together in photoshop cs3 Hope you like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PANO 2 copy.jpg (86.7 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by rob280165; 3rd January 2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 3rd January 2008
PeterD

Re: Austrian Panorama (Large)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob280165 View Post
This is my first picture post here. This was taken while on holiday last year with my E400 and stitched together in photoshop cs3 Hope you like it.
Rob.
Rob,

Is that the Danube by any chance? Where exactly was the image(s) taken.

Beautiful image which captures the Austrian landscape so well.

PeterD
Old 3rd January 2008
rob280165

Hi Peter.
This is lake Worthersee not far from the city of Klagenfurt close to the Slovenian border. The picture was taken from an observation tower hand held on a very windy day. Glad you like the picture. I quite like doing panorama shots at the moment
Old 3rd January 2008
PeterD

Quote:
Hi Peter.
This is lake Worthersee not far from the city of Klagenfurt close to the Slovenian border. The picture was taken from an observation tower hand held on a very windy day. Glad you like the picture. I quite like doing panorama shots at the moment
Thanks for the information. Its been about 40yrs since I was in in Klagenfurt. I come from Austria originally and hence the interest in the location. I have visited Austria many times since but mainly Innsbruck, Salzberg and Vienna. Its a beautiful country, largely unspoiled due to the relatively low population and pride in traditions.

PeterD
Old 3rd January 2008
rob280165

Hi Peter
I to love Austria and have been quite a few times winter and summer. Stayed in Slovenia last year not far from the boarder and took this picture on a day trip into Austria. I was thinking about going to Switzerland this year but will probably end up somewhere a bit more exotic. The wife want to go to Sri-lanka so that should be interesting.
Old 3rd January 2008
PeterD

Smile Re: Austrian Panorama (Large)

Quote:
Hi Peter
I to love Austria and have been quite a few times winter and summer. Stayed in Slovenia last year not far from the boarder and took this picture on a day trip into Austria. I was thinking about going to Switzerland this year but will probably end up somewhere a bit more exotic. The wife want to go to Sri-lanka so that should be interesting.
Rob,

Sri Lanka sounds wonderful for a holiday. Don't forget the camera nor the folks back here when taking your shots.

Oh, by the way, while around Slovenia & Sud Tyrol, Trieste is also very much worth a visit.

Kind regards

PeterD