Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements > Site news

Site news Updates concerning the operation of this site.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 808 Times in 500 Posts
Re: The reality is that the e-group needs your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
You have to be careful not to overthink this, two of the forums i use i subscribe to,i get subscribing member against my name on one and contributor on the other,after that it varies one has a chat box i can use the other allows PM ing, only small things but hey its only a few pounds a year.
I would not be interested in a have to subscribe situation, two-tier ime ok with.
Hi Mik, as I said, everyone will have differing opinions on this topic. Personally, I wouldn't pay to have anything after my name on a forum. As I do the vast majority of my interactions up front and in the open on forums, a chat box or the ability to PM other members doesn't seem like an attractive deal for me to pay for.

As you already subscribe to both these forums mentioned, and I assume for a small annual fee, receive those benefits, why would you not do the same if it was Subscription Only?

Just curious

Regards,

John