Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 14th February 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Printing

Years ago, when I have film camera, I used to get my photos developed. Nice 6x4 and 7x5 photo.

Then I purchased my first digital camera. Online printing was virtually unheard of, and inkjet printers were slow and not suitable for high quality photos.

Skip forward eight of so years. I now have a very nice E-510, which for the most part I am happy with. I have a nice inkjet printer, a nice dye sub printer a digital photo frame, and yet I now use an online printing company to print my photos.

Nothing unusual you probably think, however I seem to get more printed now that I have ever done. Itís not uncommon to get a batch printed almost every week.

I have even started to purchase frames and hang some on our walls at home.

What are other members experiences?
Old 14th February 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Printing

I don't use online printing. I prefer to print my pictures at home. I feel after investing in an epson R2400 A3+ printer, lyson continuous ink system and custom profiles for it I can achieve better results than the online services. The other advantage is I can have full control of the result and as I used to work as a photographic printer I'm a bit of a fussy bugger and know what I want.

Ian C.
Old 14th February 2008

Liked 1,117 Times in 731 Posts
Re: Printing

Proper monitor calibration with a 'Spyder' or 'Eye 1' gizmo, and custom profiles are definitely the key to getting good prints.

A continuous ink system helps make the process more economical - there's nothing more galling than having to waste ink in cleaning cycles with an expensive cartridge!

Jim Ford