Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements > Site news

Site news Updates concerning the operation of this site.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,124 Posts
Liked 1,180 Times in 574 Posts
Exclamation The reality is that the e-group needs your help

Many of you may already know that this site was originally set up with the encouragement and funding support of Olympus UK over ten years ago. This is why logged-in e-group members don't see ads.

Arrangements like this are not infinite and our funding from Olympus came to a natural end quite some time ago and I have since shouldered the cost of hosting and running the site myself.

However, this can't continue indefinitely. Therefore, I'm following the examples set by a lot of other ad-free websites and offering you the opportunity to help fund our operation. This way the site can be further improved and maintained, without the need to resort to advertising banners.

It's a source of great pride that the e-group is used regularly by hundreds of members and is clearly a favourite place to hang-out and discuss Olympus photography and to make new friends. Therefore I hope that your personal generosity can help sustain what all of us have achieved here.

I have provided a PayPal donation button on the top left of the front page. Payments can be made using funds from your own PayPal account, if you have one, or by using a debit or credit card. You don't need to have, or to open, a PayPal account to donate via PayPal. If you can donate, there is no set minimum or maximum - anything you can manage will be very welcome and please don't feel there is any obligation. Donors' identities will be kept confidential.

The e-group is owned and run by The Write Technology Ltd, which is my company, and a business receipt can be provided if requested.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or to add a question to this thread.

Many thanks,

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:
cinders (2 Days Ago), shenstone (3 Weeks Ago), simonlanaosoccato (2 Days Ago)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
drmarkf (3 Weeks Ago), Gate Keeper (3 Weeks Ago), MJ224 (3 Weeks Ago), simonlanaosoccato (2 Days Ago), Zuiko (3 Weeks Ago)