Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 20th October 2014

Liked 2,278 Times in 1,249 Posts
EP2 & EM1 User

I have owned and EP2 for about three years and an EM1 for six months. I have had various frustrations with both. I find the menu system on the EP2 a nightmare and the EM1 is just back after a warranty repair, with a new rear dial and rewired RC flash. (All my resets wiped!).

I like the results but the cameras seem designed to make it difficult to get them.

When it is working, the EM1 is far more ergonomic than the EP2. Even so, there is a lot of evidence (user experience) around to suggest that system hardware quality control is poor. The rear dial on the EP2 is now giving trouble.

I have some AF lenses: Lumix 7-14, Olympus 14-42 (recently scratched the rear element), 4/3 35mm macro and 4/3 70-300 ED. The AF on the 4/3 is a disaster with the EP2 but quite good on the EM1.

Otherwise, I use mostly legacy manual focus film lenses for macro.

If you want to see my images do a Google image search for my name or e6filmuser and "macro". NB, some images by other authors will be included if I made a comment.

Tags
em1, ep2