Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-5

Olympus E-5 E-5 specific discussion.

Old 17th May 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lens clarity

my 50-200 mm lens seems to have lost its sharpness, is there a maintenance service for this, I've tried cleaning the lens to no avail, any ideas please
Old 17th May 2013

Liked 564 Times in 336 Posts
Re: lens clarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47johnnyj View Post
my 50-200 mm lens seems to have lost its sharpness, is there a maintenance service for this, I've tried cleaning the lens to no avail, any ideas please
I had this with my 70-300mm, I cleaned the contacts on the lens and made sure the pins on the camera depressed correctly and the problem disappeared, hope yours is as simple as that.
Old 17th May 2013

Liked 1,312 Times in 792 Posts

Do you have a protective filter fitted?

David M's Photoblog or follow me on Instagram.
Old 18th May 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Liked 4,440 Times in 2,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageryone View Post
I had this with my 70-300mm, I cleaned the contacts on the lens and made sure the pins on the camera depressed correctly and the problem disappeared, hope yours is as simple as that.
Try this first, if it doesn't work then it's probably a case of sending it to Olympus for a service.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 18th May 2013

Liked 412 Times in 254 Posts

Hi everyone!

This is a long shot, but doesn't the E-5 have a sort of focussing adjustment for individual lenses? I think my new E-30 has it. It might be worth checking if this has been altered in any way from standard for this particular lens. You might also be able to re-calibrate the lens yourself rather than send it back to olympus.

Cheers,

Ralph.