Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 5th September 2012
Administrator

Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Liked 4,437 Times in 2,104 Posts
A Clue As To Why I'm So Enamoured By The E-M5

Why am I so enamoured by the E-M5? Could the answer be HERE?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 6th September 2012

Liked 50 Times in 27 Posts
Re: A Clue As To Why I'm So Enamoured By The E-M5

I do believe John that you are really in love with your new girl-friend!! I also like your presentation in Zenfolio....a great medium for our hobby...that is where my images rest as well. You are a great photographer and I am proud to say that we are friends even though we only spent one day in the lake at Epping a couple of years ago and then this year in London. Keep up the good work and you will forget about your "other problems".....the past is the past and the future is the beginning of another opportunity for you to capture and show your talent!

Best wishes
Old Bill
Old 6th September 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gordon View Post
I do believe John that you are really in love with your new girl-friend!! I also like your presentation in Zenfolio....a great medium for our hobby...that is where my images rest as well. You are a great photographer and I am proud to say that we are friends even though we only spent one day in the lake at Epping a couple of years ago and then this year in London. Keep up the good work and you will forget about your "other problems".....the past is the past and the future is the beginning of another opportunity for you to capture and show your talent!

Best wishes
Old Bill
Hi Bill,

Yes, we've only met twice but I'm so pleased we did. Your enthusiasm for our country should be an inspiration to us all and you have a wealth of photographic experience. I've been looking at your Zenfolio and you have a great collection!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 6th September 2012

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,407 Posts
Liked 1,391 Times in 889 Posts

John,
I too have switched from OM4Ti to EM-5, finding more similarities than differences in how the camera feels in my hands. Although I have the F280 high speed flash I always preferred the T32 and T20 with the TTL OTF metering - truly a first. One note on the shutter speed ring around the lens mount. The click stops on the shutter speed ring (on the camera) and on the aperture setting ring (on the zuiko lenses) were matched; so if you turned both one click stop you retained the same exposure setting. So easy to do with the camera up to your eye.
Old 7th September 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM USer View Post
John,
I too have switched from OM4Ti to EM-5, finding more similarities than differences in how the camera feels in my hands. Although I have the F280 high speed flash I always preferred the T32 and T20 with the TTL OTF metering - truly a first. One note on the shutter speed ring around the lens mount. The click stops on the shutter speed ring (on the camera) and on the aperture setting ring (on the zuiko lenses) were matched; so if you turned both one click stop you retained the same exposure setting. So easy to do with the camera up to your eye.
Many people considered it strange to have the shutter speed ring around the lens mount but I always found it very logical, for the reason you gave.