Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 26th November 2007

Liked 875 Times in 400 Posts
Congratulations to Barrie

Barrie - I notice that you have become a senior member. Respect.

Did the Queen send a telegram and do you get special treatment at the Post Office queue now?

I was glad that I suddenly moved on from junior member - which was a bit ' nudge, nudge, wink wink' - but in an unflattering way. So I'd hoped there was a category called 'enormous' or 'huge' when we reached 100 posts.

So respect to Barrie for 100+ but not sure I want to graduate into senior citizen status just yet.

best wishes

Peter
Old 26th November 2007

Liked 709 Times in 252 Posts
Re: Congratulations to Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by art frames View Post
Barrie - I notice that you have become a senior member. Respect.

Did the Queen send a telegram and do you get special treatment at the Post Office queue now?

I was glad that I suddenly moved on from junior member - which was a bit ' nudge, nudge, wink wink' - but in an unflattering way. So I'd hoped there was a category called 'enormous' or 'huge' when we reached 100 posts.

So respect to Barrie for 100+ but not sure I want to graduate into senior citizen status just yet.

best wishes

Peter
Hi Peter -

Thanks for the nudge. I'm pleased you spotted my upgrade! I am retired but not an official OAP for several months.

When I saw your message I thought oh no, cos!!

At a nursing home a group of seniors were sitting around talking about their ailments. "My arms have gotten so weak, I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one. "Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad I can't even see my cup of coffee." "I couldn't even mark an 'X' at election time - my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third. "What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you," said a fourth. "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a fifth, to which several nodded weakly in agreement. "My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy I can hardly walk," exclaimed another. "I forgot where I am and where I'm going," said an elderly gent. "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old." winced an old man as he slowly shook his head and all agreed. "Well, count your blessings," said Betty cheerfully, "Thank God we can all still drive."

Thanks again.

Regards B
Old 26th November 2007
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Congratulations to Barrie

Indeed, congratulations are the order of the day... good for you sir.