Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 12th December 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Wasn't looking forward to my chore, so decided to make it a litte more interesting

Ok, so who loves chores...? certainly not me Nonetheless the time had come for me to clear up the front of the house and driveway from the effects of the month of constant rain, the autumn leaves, and the pruning of plants etc in readiness for a new coat of paint for the outside of the house and the handrail over the winter holidays (Lloyd can do this to earn some pocket money). Time to get the jet washer out to remove the moss from the walls, and the dirt from the steps.

Not looking forward to this Saturday morning chore, I decided to make it more interesting in that I'd do a before and after shot to see if it worked. I know these are HDR.... tough! I know there's movement blur... also tough!

Here's the before shot;

Note the general mess caused by the month of rain, and the leaves. Also, I do tend to use the jet washer on the steps at least twice a year, and the rain had made them really dirty, caked with autumn grime.

Here's a few after shots that really show up the state it was in!!

Old 12th December 2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Wasn't looking forward to my chore, so decided to make it a litte more interesting

Interesting images........how much photoshop cloning did you do? I have heard of tidying up images.....but that is extreme
Old 12th December 2009

Re: Wasn't looking forward to my chore, so decided to make it a litte more interesting

Haha.... nice one John...

Old 12th December 2009
Codger

Liked 69 Times in 33 Posts

If only life had a Healing Brush...

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 12th December 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

John,

Brilliant. I had never thought of using photoshop for all those DIY chores. Let me see. Facias need a spot of paint, guttering needs straightening and the weeds on the drive.... mmmm my wife will be impressed (as long as she doesn't actually go outside)

Graydon
Old 13th December 2009
Administrator

Thanked 2,945 Times in 2,285 Posts
Liked 3,811 Times in 1,789 Posts

John, looks like you did a first class job - can I book you to do my place next?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 13th December 2009

Haha... thanks all... tell you what though, my back is really aching this morning!! Not sure the pain on the front of the house looks like that either - methinks PhotomatixPro has done that

PS: the rail is that bad though!! hehe

Old 13th December 2009

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts

Excellent Concept John, wish you did it a few months back though, as I was printing some leaflets for a company that did this sort of cleaning and whilst I was designing the leaflets I was looking everywhere to find stock photos of before and after like this and couldnt find anything.

You should sell them to a stock site or something

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff
Old 13th December 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=theMusicMan;60097]tell you what though, my back is really aching this morning!!

Is that old age, or not used to work then?

BFP & NUJ Member
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X2 E-3 Body`s. 7-14mm, 14-54mm, 12-60mm, 35mm, 50mm, 40-150,50-200mm, X2 HLD-4`s, FL-50, RM-1, SLIK 700DX.
Old 15th December 2009

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMusicMan View Post
Haha... thanks all... tell you what though, my back is really aching this morning!! Not sure the pain on the front of the house looks like that either - methinks PhotomatixPro has done that

PS: the rail is that bad though!! hehe
That's what "bob-a-job" is for.
(I remember my fair share of mean houseowners.)

Tell you what, I'll trade you that hard work garden/house life for freezing polluted city life! Yin Yang!

DavidJ.
If you think education's expensive, try ignorance.