Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 19th May 2018

Liked 267 Times in 124 Posts
Re: Please advise

Good morning Peter

Thank you for your advice and for your ongoing help. We have been busy taking newlyweds to see the Elephants and the Giraffes. They married in the USA and spent a honeymoon in Paris and London, now they are in Kenya. They flew off yesterday to Samburu on a safari and tomorrow they are flying to the Maasai Mara. Neither of them are into photography, but what an experience.

I managed to take some photos at the Elephant Orphanage. Silly me, I took the wrong lens with me. So there is a lot of what you say about taking two cameras. The lens I had was the 75-300 mark 2 and it was too powerful for the visit as the Elephants come so close, you can stroke them. With the butterfly shots yesterday, I started to try and get close to the 24 inches you suggested. Thank you for that. I read your letter out my wife this morning. Thank you for thinking about her. I will rethink about the lenses you have written about.

Phil
https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc
Old 19th May 2018

Liked 267 Times in 124 Posts
Re: Please advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
Sounds though a picture of you jumping around trying to debag would be good. Does your wife have a camera????????

Also you might have missed the opportunity to photo the Safari ant...We would love to see one..

mj
Good morning Mark, hahaha

We had a river of rain, drop from the sky 2 nights ago and all of the safari ants have been washed away. I will keep a look out and post up.

Phil
https://www.flickr.com/gp/gatekeeperphil/44A3Dc