Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 16th November 2017

Liked 1,382 Times in 810 Posts
Opinion?

Folks
A couple of photographic friends criticized my image "Red Glove" because the window frame, which is red, detracted from the attention on the red glove too much, in their eyes. So, I have toned it down - desaturated it.

What do you think? Does this improve the image, or does it make no difference? I can't quite make my mind up. Or do you think the image would be better black and white except for the glove?

[IMG][/IMG]

Your opinion is much appreciated.
Old 16th November 2017

Liked 310 Times in 214 Posts
Re: Opinion?

It is a very busy image and the glove is at the edge of the frame (partly going out actually). The bright area outside the window is distractive and draws my eye away from the interesting machinery. I don't really think that the glove adds anything to the composition as the machinery and cobwebs are interesting enough on their own. I would go for a different angle and a gritty mono conversion.

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, E-PL5, HLD-9, 17, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), Nikon F80 (film), 28-105 Sigma, GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
The Following User Says Thank You to benvendetta For This Useful Post:
KeithL (16th November 2017)