Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen E-P5

Olympus Pen E-P5 The Pen E-P5 is the first Olympus system camera to offer integrated wifi and a top shutter speed of 1/800th second.

Old 19th February 2018

Liked 37 Times in 25 Posts
What should I ask for an unused E-P5?

In late 2014 I bought a new E-P5 as a backup camera, in case my E-M1 failed. Apart from doing initial tests on it, I never used it, so it is like new. I now have an E-M1 II as well, so no longer need the E-P5 and I'm thinking of selling it. I do realise that it won't be worth much. I have the box and all the original bits, and it has a 128GB memory card in it.

I have two questions:
1. How should I sell it? Should I try on this forum, or eBay or somewhere else?
2. What would be a fair price to ask? Or what should I expect to get for it?
Thanks.
Old 19th February 2018

Liked 1,687 Times in 1,012 Posts
Re: What should I ask for an unused E-P5?

Find the median on eBay. Deducting eBay seller's fees would be a fair asking price here. I don't think it makes much difference whether it's new and unused or lightly used, it's value will be roughly equivalent. I'm not sure if electro-mechanical items store very well, all things designed to move - the shutter mechanism for example - benefit from being exercised. Leaving the battery dormant for long periods is also less than ideal.

on flickr
Old 20th February 2018

Liked 316 Times in 162 Posts

I was looking into selling my E-M10 (still in the classifieds here) the variation in eBay prices was crazy.
Just did a search on completed E-P5 and they seem to go from around 200 body only up to around 400 with a couple of lenses or with the kit of 17mm f1.8 and VF4 viewfinder.
I've sold on here, AVForums and eBay. I prefer a photography forum as the exchange is more personal and you can check out the buyer properly rather than being committed to a deal with an eBay feedback rating and the rules seem to be stacked against you in disputes.

If you just want a hassle free sale then Camera Jungle, MPB LCE etc. will give you a quote with no commitment to sell. I expect a more generous price in part exchange rather than straight sale.

I wouldn't include the card unless you can also include a lens to make a kit.

I'd try and sell here if you're not in a hurry but eBay or a camera site will be quicker and might net more money.
Old 20th February 2018

Thanks for the advice. I've done some searches on eBay and given it is like new I think 250 would be fair. I'll include the memory card as a freebie as I don't need it.
Old 10th March 2018

I have put it up for sale here:
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47393