Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 793 Times in 457 Posts
Re: Photographers are insensitive jerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
Last autumn I spent a few days in the Rocky Mountains National Park in Colorado. The popular locations had a healthy showing of photographers at dawn, but I found nearly everyone to be very respectful of others. I'm in the same boat as them - so I'm not going to complain. It's the way things are.

Of course, the much wider issue of damage to the environment and destruction of wildlife that tourism (of all kinds) brings is a real problem.
When we went on a Baltic cruise in 2014, I was plagued with what I described. Every monument that I wanted to get a shot of was descended on by oriental families doing these perm every how many from how many in front of it. At Sibelius' monument and his face on the wall it was so bad that I nearly got left behind by the coach. And it was pouring with rain as well. Fortunately, my M5 and 12-40 Pro were both waterproof. (I must post some of those images!) I waited patiently, though I was fuming after about 15 minutes. I'll post the selfie sticks in Copenhagen too..there the problem was entirely different - you needed a crash hat!