Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 2nd May 2018

Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts
Re: Problems with Drive Modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM USer View Post
Well, yes. But now that you can save and restore your settings to a computer what it needs is a computer application with a good UI to view and edit your settings.
Now wouldn't that be something!

Open your settings file and get a chart of your every setting. Save the chart and print it for future reference.

I wonder if someone is clever enough to bring this idea to life.
Old 2nd May 2018

Liked 596 Times in 408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM USer View Post
Well, yes. But now that you can save and restore your settings to a computer what it needs is a computer application with a good UI to view and edit your settings.
Indeed, you have verbalised what I have sort-of been thinking for a a while. Now how do we get Oly to do it .......

John
Old 2nd May 2018

Liked 91 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growltiger View Post
.............It would be good to have a list of all settings that prevent the use of other settings.
I think that the problem is that there are so many possible combinations that it would be impossible to list them all!

I used to set one of the front buttons on my E-M1 to switch to MF when required. Then, I decided to set the function lever to switch between AF-S and AF-C but this disabled my MF button!

Now, with my E-M1 MkII, I've set the function lever as the power switch, because I like one-handed operation (as on my E-M5) Unfortunately, this has left the original power switch completely useless, since it cannot be re-assigned.

I do like the ability to customise buttons but it's important to find 'favourite' settings and stick to them. Otherwise, operating the camera become a severe memory test
Old 16th May 2018

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks to all who made suggestions; now I have copied "My sets" to my computer and have made a list of my settings on a spreadsheet provided by Chris Shaw (thanks Chris). I have also copied my preferred settings to C1 and used the option to copy them back after using other functions.