Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 8th January 2018

Liked 177 Times in 57 Posts
Quick release straps?

I find myself getting frustrated with either having my strap flapping about when the camera is on a tripod, or the faff of taking it off and putting it back on again.... so time to upgrade from the standard Oly one I think...

I guess Peak Design is the obvious option, but is the tab mechanism fool proof? and are there any alternatives I should look at? preferably that give me the option of switching out to a wrist strap too.

thanks
Chris
Old 8th January 2018

Liked 395 Times in 181 Posts
Re: Quick release straps?

I use a BosTail permanently fastened to one of the camera lugs.
See here for details: http://bosstrap.com/shop/bostail-fre...era-strap-lug/

and then I can very quickly clip/unclip the camera to a BlackRapid shoulder strap.
The BosTail is short enough not to get in the way of the tripod head or clamp and, unlike the normal Black Rapid connector it doesn't block the camera's tripod screw socket.
chris (9th January 2018)
Old 8th January 2018

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Quick release straps?

I use Op/Tech USA and have never had any problems. they have a huge range and I find the smaller clips (Mini QD i think they are called) are fine for Micro 4/3 cameras. As a general principle, I would never carry a small camera (like an OMD) with a big lens attached by the camera lugs since i don't think they are strong enough.

https://optechusa.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark_R2 For This Useful Post:
chris (9th January 2018)