Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus

Lens focus The place to talk about your camera's glassware.

Old 17th February 2009
mike_j

12-60 zoom function.

I'm wondering if the zoom action on my 12-60mm is OK. It's always been a bit rough feeling, especially just over 25mm when it almost feels as though it changes gear. It works perfectly and I had hoped it would bed in with use but no change.

Is it my lens, or this this normal? I seem to remember some adverse comments in early reviews on the lens about the zoom smoothness.
Old 17th February 2009

Liked 80 Times in 42 Posts
Re: 12-60 zoom function.

My 12-60mm lens is perfectly smooth across the whole range.

Steve
Old 17th February 2009
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_j View Post
I'm wondering if the zoom action on my 12-60mm is OK. It's always been a bit rough feeling, especially just over 25mm when it almost feels as though it changes gear. It works perfectly and I had hoped it would bed in with use but no change.

Is it my lens, or this this normal? I seem to remember some adverse comments in early reviews on the lens about the zoom smoothness.
Coming from the 14-54, I have to say that the 12-60 zoom function is a bit less smooth than I'm used to, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. In fact I find it quite reassuring, as I'm assuming it's to do with the weather sealing...
Old 17th February 2009

Liked 979 Times in 291 Posts

Hi

Yes there's always been a bit of a "click",no not a click a "chink" on mine at this point.If you look inside not attached to the body there seems to be an internal tube/barrel that makes this noise.
Not caused me any problem so here's fingers crossed.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr