Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 4th March 2018

Liked 96 Times in 62 Posts
Re: Printers

Yes, you can buy replacement print heads for the Canon printers I've owned, at least, including the iP8750.
Old 4th March 2018

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

FWIW.....

I worked for a studio for five years, 2005-2010.

During that time we went through about four or five inkjet printers with various ink systems, various papers. Monitors were calibrated, custom profiles made etc, etc. The results, in comparison to our clapped out American made colour photo printer were on the whole, awful. We still needed to run off umpteen test prints to even get close to what was in the rest of the wedding album (they never were even close). Black and whites were peculiar colours.

Things have moved on. I've just bought a Canon TS8150. Using Canon's Photo Paper Plus Glossy II paper and original ink, the results are very very good. I've calibrated my monitor with the built-in Windows tool and view in Photoshop Proof Colours before I print the picture. To my eye, the images look to have a better tonal range than the dye-sub prints I'm used to.

Horses for courses. I have a Kyocera black and white laser printer for B/W text. 9000 pages on £50 of toner. I have a label printer for printing 6x4 labels. Now I have an excellent photo printer for printing my photographs and look forward to experimenting with the other photo papers in Canon's range.

My only regret is that I didn't spend an extra £200 and get the A3+ version. I had that nagging doubt that I wouldn't be happy enough with the quality to justify the expense. My doubts were unfounded. Thinking of putting this one up for sale - it's four days old.

Richard.
Old 4th March 2018

Thanked 1,158 Times in 917 Posts
Liked 1,446 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
The HP and Lexmark printers my sister has had both had heads as part of the cartridges. In the case of Canon is the head a user-replaceable part? Maybe that's what I was thinking of.
I think you'll find they are the lower end printers whereas the better models have a separate printing head (& likely larger ink tank capacity too).
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 4th March 2018

Liked 45 Times in 39 Posts

I have just purchased the canon 10s and apart from the complicated set up of the WiFi part it produces superb prints, yes its quite daunting as to the costs of paper and ink but I like to print myself. My older printer is pixma 640 A4 I have kept this for copying etc but it also produces good results from its 6 inks. We are at an age of digital where all our photos are kept in the dark! And thatís a shame.
Kind regards mike