Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 31st July 2009

Liked 68 Times in 37 Posts
Re: How to produce a web site?

Thanks for that Gavin. Have downloaded, will read, mark, learn and inwardly digest.

Flickr
Old 3rd August 2009
davidr

Re: How to produce a web site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
Following on from this thread I thought I would pose the question "How?".

I have created web sites, in the early days hand crafting html with a plain text editor, latterly with Dreamweaver. Life is too short to contemplate a diy solution for a photo gallery when off the shelf solutions seem to be available at zero or modest cost.

I have observed from the posts in these forums (fori?) that some folk have gone the way of producing their own galleries/albums using tools such as JetPhoto & Shozam while others have chosen to use hosting services such as Zenfolio and SmugMug.

I would very much appreciate hearing from group members about how they arrived at their chosen solution. What were the issues? How did they arrive at their decisions?

I have, as evidenced by my signature, made limited use of Flickr. Useful for getting images quickly available to family and friends but not terribly impressive in terms of presentation.
Well if you don't have the time to create a Website from scratch perhaps you should consider a template that will only require moderate editing to suite your needs. There are numerous CMS Content Management Systems out there to make your life easier Or scripts for image hosting written in php and backend with a mysql database...
If you have the skills you can customize them to your liking...