Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 30th August 2011

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Zuiko 300mm F4.5 lens

Hello all,

I am having a clear out of seldom used and unwanted camera equipment, hence the sale of this Olympus Zuiko 300mm f4.5 telephoto lens.

I purchased the lens new from the USA in the late 1990ís when I was building my camera system, convinced that I would need a long telephoto at some point. That point never arrived and it was used over the following couple of years for about 60-70 pictures.

Since then, it has languished in its box unused, which is a real shame as it takes beautiful images. Consequently, it is in outstanding condition, with just minimal war on the lens mount and a speck or two of missing paint on the aperture ring. A slight mark on the underside of the tripod mount gives away the fact that I mounted it onto a tripod. The rest of the body is unmarked. There are no oil traces on the diaphragm, which stops down perfectly. Focusing is still tight but very smooth, as would be found on a new example. The elements are unmarked and clear, with the exception of a tiny white fleck on one of the inner components, which has been there since new. It is not a flaw in the glass and does not detract from image quality.

It comes with box, hard case, strap, tripod mount, original front and end caps, and data sheet. I will include the original Tiffen UV filter that I purchased with the lens.

As you probably already know, it makes a good 600mm lens on E System cameras, but requires the appropriate adapter to allow this.

I am looking for £170 plus postage for it. Please PM me if interested, cheers, Steve.

Old 30th August 2011

Liked 165 Times in 84 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka
Re: Zuiko 300mm F4.5 lens

It's a great shame they never made this lens in FT.

EM1, EM5 II