Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 23rd April 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
300mm OM Zuiko Lens For Sale

Hello all,

I have decided to part with some of my OM System glass, to make way for addtional E-System stuff I am looking at purchasing. I am not sure if this is the right place to advertise such stuff, but I guess there may be a few of you who are still using the OM System, or use converters to attach OM lenses to other systems.

The first item I am parting with is a 300mm F4.5 OM Zuiko telephoto lens. I purchased the lens a few years ago brand new, and am the only owner. I used it very little, therefore it is in immaculate condition and I have probably taken less that 50 pictures with it. I have not used the lens for at least three years, and it has been stored very carefully during this time.

The lens functions 100% perfectly. The only marks are a very light one located on the tripod mount, where it was attached to a tripod, and the lens cap. Neither detract much from it's overall beauty. The multicoated elements are bright and clear, however there is a small light fleck of something between the elements which has no effect on the image quality.

The lens comes complete with hard case, strap, box, and data sheet. It would be equally at home in a collection or in use. It is a really lovely item that I am sad to part with, but it simply does not get used any more.

I am looking for around 250. Please send me a private message if interested, or if any pictures are required.

Cheers, Steve.
Old 23rd April 2008

Liked 43 Times in 29 Posts
Re: 300mm OM Zuiko Lens For Sale

Hi Steve

Sorry I've no use for the 300mm lens but if you've an OM 28mm or similar I'd be very interested. I own and still use a couple of OM2s' and I'm looking for a wide angle lens.

In fact I'd be interested in seeing anything else OM you have for sale.

By the way, what E-system stuff are you looking at?

Thanks - Paul
Old 23rd April 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hello Paul

I am looking at getting a 7-14mm or 35-100 lens. I do have a LNIB OM Zuiko24mm f2.8 lens that I may part with. I purchased it 3 or 4 years ago, then got a 21mm lens a few months later. Consequently it really is like brand new, apart from a very feint mark on mounting ring. The 24mm lens saw less that 36 exposures before being boxed up and stored.

It is only because it is in such perfect condition that I am loathe to part with it - i doubt I will ever see another like it!

Cheers, Steve.
Old 23rd April 2008
Jim

This may interest you steve.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olympus-7-14mm...QQcmdZViewItem

It's in the UK and a very good price.
Old 23rd April 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice find.

Now I need to sell a kidney to afford it
Old 23rd April 2008
Jim

Not sure if Kidney's are in the catergory listings for eBay but you may be able to list it under "Health & Beauty"
Old 23rd April 2008
Jim

Just noticed that the eBay 7-14mm lens has been sold but the seller has other items now listed.

EC-14 and 50-200mm SWD currently

I emailed him and he is selling:

12-60 / E-3 / FL50-R / EC-14 / EC-20 / EX-25 /50-200 SWD / 50mm Macro / 7-14mm (SOLD) / Sigma 150mm f2.8 / Manfrotto 190 ProxB / 322rc2 Head / Manroftto Monopod.
Old 23rd April 2008

Liked 43 Times in 29 Posts

Hi Steve,

My local dealer let me try the 7-14mm, it's a really nice lens and excellent results. Nice price too! Like John, I'd have to sell a kidney but I've just bought the E3, 12-60mm and the 50-200mm, I'm fresh out of kidneys. Well, maybe one day.

I like the sound of the OM 24mm and the 21mm, if you're ever tempted to sell either PLEASE let me know!!

Thanks - Paul
Old 23rd April 2008
Scapula Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
This may interest you steve.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olympus-7-14mm...QQcmdZViewItem

It's in the UK and a very good price.
It certainly interested me, the EC 1.4 is on its way to my camera bag for 205
Thanks for the link Jim.
Old 23rd April 2008
Jim

No problem John, enjoy
Old 23rd April 2008
Jim

Notice now he has most of the other items loaded, so plenty to choose between.
Old 24th April 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hello Jim

That is a good price in the UK. I have noticed one or two other sellers in the UK offering them on eBay for similar prices. I presume they are being imported from the US.

Cheers, Steve.
Old 24th April 2008
Jim

Looking back through the guy's eBay feedback, it looks like he has brought it all from Hong Kong etc. So he is going to be making money on all the items at the prices he is listing at.
Old 24th April 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Paul, in retrospect, I think I could be persuaded to part with the 24mm lens.

The 21mm is the F2 version which would be very difficult to part with. It rates as one of the finest lenses I have ever owned; slides taken with it are incredibly sharp and contrasy. Not that the 24 is poor in comparison...I got my first 24mm Zuiko back in the early 1990's and it became my favorite lens. A couple of years after Olympus discontinued the OM System I was offered a brand new one, which I found sinply irresistable! Within a very short space of time, the opportunity arose to get the 21mm new from Fotofrenzy in London. It cost me a small fortune (950), but I had a real case of 'Zuikoholism' at the time and simply had to buy it, along with a new OM4Ti!

Given the choice to purchase a 21 F2 again, I am not sure what I would do. The same cash could buy me the 7-14 lens (and I would have some change, as Jim's post shows). However, having used the 21, it is a real gem and perfect for travel photography.

It's speed was something I was a bit dubious about at first, as I did not know if it was of real benefit, or Olympus just pushing the envelope with their design & technology. Then I went abroad and took it with me. I visited several old churches and monateries and found it perfect for hand holding in such low lit places. Even when used at F2, the results were very acceptable. Now if only Olympus would produce a E-System version!

If you want to discuss the 24mm further, please email me at ethanl@ethanl.plus.com. I can arrange for some photo's to be sent to you.

Cheers, Steve.