Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 9th August 2017

Liked 1,633 Times in 1,116 Posts
Re: National Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/visitor-faqs

Where can I take photographs?

Outdoors: all visitors to National Trust properties are allowed to take photographs out of doors for their own private use. Any individuals wishing to sell or publish photographs should contact images@nationaltrust.org.uk.

Indoors: amateur photography (including filming) without flash is now permitted in historic interiors at the Property Managerís discretion. As with outdoor photography, any photographs taken are strictly for private use, and enquiries about selling or publishing photographs should be directed to images@nationaltrust.org.uk. However, visitors must be aware that at some places, there may be copyright issues, and further permissions may be required in respect of collections not owned by us. In these situations the Property Manager's decision as to whether photography is allowed is final.

I think you have misinterpreted the thrust of my post.

As stated above there are very few restrictions on photography which is purely for PRIVATE purposes, although I am unsure how easy that is to police.

However, there is no stated policy for professional photography other than imploring professionals to write to the Trust using the email address provided.

My view, very simply, is that it would be helpful if there was some information posted covering typical professional commissions.

For example, how much for a set of bride and groom images in a Trust garden. How much for a landscape used in a commercial calendar? There must be a table of charges somewhere.

Commercial film and television productions would obviously need to be individually costed.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
The Following Users Liked This Post:
iso (10th August 2017), OM USer (10th August 2017)