Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Old 19th February 2018

Liked 87 Times in 35 Posts
New Olympus Camera Ordered

Hi, Not sure if this is the correct board to post on, anyway just ordered new OMD E-M10 Mark ii with the two lens kit bundle in silver, with 32gb Sandisk Extreme (f.o.c.) at a very good deal imo, from HDEW Cameras.
Need a light weight system, so this seems to tick my box. Hope I have done the right thing, not having used Olympus until now. I believe HDEW is a grey import dealer, although they offer their own 3yr warranty. From what I have sourced on line they have many positive reviews.
Eagerly waiting to try the system out.
Old 19th February 2018

Liked 239 Times in 77 Posts
Re: New Olympus Camera Ordered

Hi, I have a 10mk11 and am really happy with it. I would say though that the optional grip transforms the handling. Olympus accessories are expensive, but I do find this one worth spending on.
The Following User Says Thank You to chris For This Useful Post:
Rebnats (19th February 2018)
Old 19th February 2018

Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Hi, I have a 10mk11 and am really happy with it. I would say though that the optional grip transforms the handling. Olympus accessories are expensive, but I do find this one worth spending on.
I have one of these as a second camera and really like it as a small and light camera for street shooting and whenever I want to travel light. A couple of small primes make it easy to take anywhere. But I absolutely agree that the optional grip transforms the camera and makes it much more pleasurable to use. I managed to get a grip via Amazon US a good bit cheaper that the UK price, even with import duties. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new purchase.
Old 20th February 2018

Liked 345 Times in 175 Posts

I've recently moved from an E-M10 to the Mkii version. I don't feel the need for a grip, the tiny size is part of the appeal
It's a cracking camera, I'm sure you'll be pleased.
It's worth reading the full PDF manual or even ordering a printed copy from eBay - there's stuff in there that is worth knowing and the basic printed manual in the box isn't that thorough.
The Following User Says Thank You to AMc For This Useful Post:
Rebnats (20th February 2018)