Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 27th April 2017

Liked 671 Times in 455 Posts
Photo exhibition in Salisbury

For anyone down in Wessex, there is a new photo exhibition at Salisbury Arts Centre:

http://www.salisburyartscentre.co.uk...aphic-record-/

The photographer is Roger Elliott who worked on the local paper for 42 years, the last 22 as chief photog. Roger is keen on the arts and is a big music fan, this exhibition showcases his work with artist and performers at the Arts Centre (known to its friends as "St. Ed's" because it is in the former St. Edmund's church). There is everything from local bands just starting out to some big names. And in at least once case, both - saxophonist Andy Shepherd is a Salisbury boy who went on to have a very successful career.

I'm biased - Roger and I have been friends for years - but I still think it is a great exhibition. Rog was always very encouraging when I started shooting the rugby club a long time ago, and seeing what he could pull out of a roll of black & white film at a gloomy gig was a big inspiration to me when I started to diversify from sweaty blokes with funny-shaped balls to sweaty blokes gurning with guitars.

It runs until 20th. May, open 10:00 to 15:00 Tuesday to Saturday.

John