Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 11th June 2012
Jeremy Evans

B&W Type 90 outdoor camera case.

B&W Type 90 outdoor camera case. Completely waterproof, dustproof and airtight with carrying bag and straps. Virtually unbreakable. Ideal for all kinds of hard use. Approx 23 litres volume with dividers for bodies, lenses, etc. Also makes a useful seat or box to stand on for extra height! Superb quality. Like new. 40 + delivery or collect.
Adjustable tripod. Solid construction. 10 + delivery or collect.
Olympus E-System E1 book. Offers + delivery or collect.
Tel: 01243 572368 (West Sussex).
Old 12th June 2012

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Re: B&W Type 90 outdoor camera case.

Hi Jeremy,
I have been thinking about one of these for a couple of weeks now.
I can get new one for 59 + postage, so I was wondering what you estimate the postage costs to be ?

thanks

Chris
Old 12th June 2012
Jeremy Evans

Hello Chris

I did one of those 'ready reckoner' things on Royal Mail which came up with 12.50 for tracked 2-day delivery. Hopefully that is accurate! If you are anywhere near West Sussex, you can collect.

The Type 90 is excellent. I don't use it because it's quite heavy and bulky for my kind of use which is mainly photography afloat where I sometimes have to leap between boats with a camera bag. For that kind of thing, it's easier to shove my cameras in an old backpack. The Type 90 is definitely made to last for a lifetime and you can use the hard or soft cases separately if required. I used it to carry my E3 with long & medium lenses, flash, charger, memory, lens cloths, phone, wallet, etc. The inside is very well padded.

I am away for a few days this afternoon. Back on Friday.
Old 12th June 2012

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts

Hi Jeremy....have you any specific added info on the tripod (pic if possible) please.

Also I am interested in the case if Chris does not complete.
Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
Now also 4 items from the dark side...........
Old 12th June 2012

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks for the quick info Jeremy,
And Keith...i'm still at the "just looking" stage; so please feel free to jump in and get the case...they are excellent by all accounts!

Chris
Old 12th June 2012
Jeremy Evans

Hello,

The label on the tripod reads 'High Quality SSS made in Japan.' It came from my father in law. It's a little grubby, but appears well designed, heavy duty and very durable. It has 3 adjustable legs, a middle post with an up-down winder, horizontal handle and knobs to adjust horizontal and vertical angles. My E3 fits fine on the top plate with the normal screw-in bolt for the base, so I assume it will work with any similar high quality camera. I don't use a tripod so am no expert!
Old 12th June 2012
Jeremy Evans

In case you are confused, SSS is the make of the tripod. It must be years old. They knew how to make things properly then!
Old 17th July 2012

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts

Hi did you sell these items.....I had completely forgot I had shown an earlier interest in them.
Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
Now also 4 items from the dark side...........