Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Converters, adapters and extension tubes

Converters, adapters and extension tubes All those lens accessories that get in between the lens and the camera.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th November 2018

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
Easy lens changing

My policy has always been one lens one camera but with only one Olympus and 3 lenses that's not possible . I hate camera bags so that's not going to happen so how do you do it ...take lens off camera ..find lens cap in bag ..fit select new lens remove lens cap fit to camera .now some of this takes three hands etc
So the solution is to mount two 4/3 mounts back to back and suspend them from your belt or whatever . I used two extension tubes and fitted the mounts back to back with a black plastic separator .
So now you have lens no2 hanging from your belt ..you take lens 1 off the camera and fit it into the empty F mount. Then remove lens 2 and fit it to the camera.
If you insist on a camera bag then glue two lens caps back to back and just swop the lenses end for end .
Photo below

[url=http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/100830][/url[/IMG]

The one in the photo is for Nikon but I just ordered a set of extension tubes for 4/3 and will strip and fix them back to back.
there is a commercial version by Peak Designs but not for 4/3.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peak-Desi...53.m1438.l2649