Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-410

Olympus E-410 E-410 specific discussion.

Old 25th June 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
flash battery

Hi there, I have an FL36R flash which has 2 choices of battery 2xAA batteries or 1XCR-V3, I thought I'd give the CR-V3 a try and it works great and lasts longer than the AA batteries next step was to get a rechargeable CR-V3, hello!, doesn't work unless warmed up by one of the others first, anybody any ideas why. I asked Olympus and they advised don't use rechargeables, no reason given, regards John
Old 26th June 2012

Liked 38 Times in 24 Posts
Re: flash battery

I'm no electronics whiz but I think a flash has to suck power out of a battery and then store it in a capacitor before it can fire. Perhaps the rechargeable CR-V3 can't provide proper current for the capacitor? Your "warmed up" suggests the other batteries are pre-filling the capacitor in some way.

I've been using non-rechargeable lithium AA batteries in my 36r, which are light and powerful and seem to recharge the flash faster than with rechargeable batteries.