Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Standard zoom and mid range

Standard zoom and mid range Lenses with focal lengths larger than 12mm, but no longer than 60mm, includes standard zooms and portrait primes plus some macro lenses.

Old 14th March 2009

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Olympus EX-25

There is not too much practical information or reviews of the Olympus EX-25 on the net.
I wonder how good is it in "real life".
How good are the results?
How does it work with lenses like the 14-54, 14-42 and 40-150?
Can you post samples?
Thanks!
Old 14th March 2009
tlove

Re: Olympus EX-25

Hi

I can't speak for the lenses you list in your post, but I have the EX-25, which I use with my 50mm macro (and ring flash kit). The 50mm macro is an excellent piece of glass, and by using the EX-25 I can get 1:1 magnification.

Bear in mind that this is an extender, not a teleconverter. There's no glass in it to influence the f-stop etc.

Anyway, here's one of my pics taken with the 50mm, EX-25 and ring flash:

Old 14th March 2009

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Re: Olympus EX-25

Hi

I use mine with the 14-54 and it works well, as Thea mentioned their are no elements in it so in theory the lens is still as good as it started - you do have to look out how close to the subject you are as it easy to block the light.

My favorite combo though is with the 50-200 which is great for butterflies and Hawkers etc

Dave

14-54 + ex25

50-200 + ex25