Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 15th March 2018

Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,012 Posts
Liked 1,211 Times in 789 Posts
On1

Anyone use on1 software.
If so any comments as it is on offer and I was thinking of getting it if it is worth having. My Photoshop CS6E IS ageing and do not want to subscribe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 16th March 2018

Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Re: On1

Hi Ed, I use on1 software, I would say that it is better than the Adobe software, it can bring out more detail, better masking, to achieve, anywhere near with the likes of photoshop you would need third party plugins which defeats the object in my opinion but be careful you can still over cook your images, and make good use of the none distruct format is always a good idea.
I found version 9 to be excellent better than ver 10 as it has very good batch processing that ver 10 seems to have dropped, but ver 9 is no longer supported.
hope this helps you.
OM USer (17th March 2018)
Old 16th March 2018

Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,012 Posts
Liked 1,211 Times in 789 Posts
Re: On1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveart View Post
Hi Ed, I use on1 software, I would say that it is better than the Adobe software, it can bring out more detail, better masking, to achieve, anywhere near with the likes of photoshop you would need third party plugins which defeats the object in my opinion but be careful you can still over cook your images, and make good use of the none distruct format is always a good idea.
I found version 9 to be excellent better than ver 10 as it has very good batch processing that ver 10 seems to have dropped, but ver 9 is no longer supported.
hope this helps you.
Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?