Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Standard zoom and mid range

Standard zoom and mid range Lenses with focal lengths larger than 12mm, but no longer than 60mm, includes standard zooms and portrait primes plus some macro lenses.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th March 2009

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question My "road map" for new lenses

I am using now E-520 and E-1 (my favorite!) with the following lenses - 14-54, 14-42 and the new 40-150.
I would like to add to it a macro lens and a wide lens.
With the wide lens that's very easy - it will be the 8-18mm. lens but this will have to wait bit to have right money for it.
My problem now is to be able to choose between the Zuiko 35mm., 50 mm. (and maybe Sigma 105mm.).
The 35 lens is very attractively priced being half the price of the 50mm.
The lens seems to be very sharp from samples that I saw. The thing that worries me most is the shooting distance from your subject. How critical this is?
Is it justified to pay double the amount for 50mm.?
If I would choose the 35mm. then the time I will have to wait for the wide angle lens would probably be shorter.
What's your opinion?