Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 18th April 2018

Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts
Affinity Photo for Ipad

Hi Guys, Following on from my previous thread, having problems uploading images to gallery due to image size from my IPad. I have just installed Affinity Photo on my IPad. Now not only do I have a full blown editing suite, it allows me to use Olympus raw files straight onto the iPad and can export/resize as well, all from one app. All for just £20 and no repeat fees.
Just a quick sample using liquify tool:

Now got an extensive learning curve to go through
Old 18th April 2018

Liked 1,647 Times in 851 Posts
Re: Affinity Photo for Ipad

Good luck there................

My Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to MJ224 For This Useful Post:
Rebnats (18th April 2018)
Old 19th April 2018

Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

Had the trial version of Affinity for windows, total crap. that's why its cheap. You get what you pay for and that's why I am a diehard Adobe CC user. For all you tightwads on here just go out and buy the latest version of Photoshop Elements, it can be had for as little as £68 on Amazon, a proper editing suite for not much more than what you paid for Affinity. BTW have you not got round to discovering the sharpening tool yet, must indeed be a steep learning curve, regards, IW.
Old 19th April 2018

Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPWheatley View Post
Had the trial version of Affinity for windows, total crap. that's why its cheap. You get what you pay for and that's why I am a diehard Adobe CC user. For all you tightwads on here just go out and buy the latest version of Photoshop Elements, it can be had for as little as £68 on Amazon, a proper editing suite for not much more than what you paid for Affinity. BTW have you not got round to discovering the sharpening tool yet, must indeed be a steep learning curve, regards, IW.
I am not a tightwad, I am merely expressing my opinion in relation to editing only on an IPad. I very rarely use a laptop these days and yes in the past have used the excellent Photoshop on windows laptop. I am only trying to point out what I have experienced concerning IPads. Maybe because you have only tried a trial version for windows in the past, it was not the full blown version. Anyway I am glad Photoshop is working for you on Windows as although early days for me I am happy so far with Affinity on my IPad. No I have not got round to discovering the sharpening tool as yet, if itís as sharp as your tounge then I look forward to using it.
Old 19th April 2018

Liked 198 Times in 114 Posts

I don't miss Photoshop at all since moving to Affinity on my Mac. It does everything that I want and need. Isn't competition wonderful?

David