Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > General photography discussion

General photography discussion Please look for a specific board to start your thread but if you can't find an appropriate one, post it here.

Old 24th January 2018

Liked 27 Times in 6 Posts
Bombinate - an Olympus experience

How a camera should be like?

Bulky, tiny, light, white, black, fast, inconspicuous, expensive, cheap, silent, with a big sensor, with a small sensor, with many megapixels, with additional features, just photography specifications?

How the photographer using the camera should be?

Should I be able to see things unseen, to catch a moment’s life and death, to place my inner darkness and light into my work, to seek inspiration in everything I see and feel, to seek originality in a time when the wheel has been long invented?

Should I be able to experiment through what I am the world I live in without getting distracted by my camera?

A tailor crafts the clothes to perfectly match the person wearing them. More, there is a symbiotic relation between these two organisms and at that moment they are the same. No more, no less, but a beautiful marriage of desires and actual experience. And only then I can fully trust my companion. My camera.

The following photos have been taken in October 2017, in a two week test session of Olympus equipment kindly granted me by Olympus Romania.

The setup used consisted of OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 300mm f/4.0 IS Pro ED, Olympus MC-14 and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8.

Red miracle
contemplated
in the
immortal nature.

Misty roads
on which we will run
man, boat, red.

Fiery snow
sifted and melted
above the grass.

Continuously bombinating
unceasing running
in silence.

From the middle
into the middle comes
great wonder.

On a field of stars
returning from nowhere
bewilder.

How convenient
everything seems hidden
in plain sight.

Shapes are joining
our dance
harmonious accords start.

Who is carrying me
who is by my side
when a straw is the pillar.

The identity
of whom is on the right side
is ambiguous.

The Following Users Liked This Post:
bassman (25th January 2018), George Dorn (25th January 2018), Greytop (28th January 2018), IainMacD (25th January 2018), iso (26th January 2018), Magus (25th January 2018), MJ224 (24th January 2018), RobEW (25th January 2018), Ross the fiddler (25th January 2018), snaarman (25th January 2018), Steambuff (25th January 2018), steverh (25th January 2018), wornish (25th January 2018), Yorkie (28th January 2018), Zuiko (24th January 2018)
Old 24th January 2018

Liked 2,003 Times in 1,020 Posts
Re: Bombinate - an Olympus experience

Super set of almost surreal photo's

Love them. Tell us more about yourself and Romania...............

My Flickr
Old 25th January 2018

Thank you for your appreciation!

I could write a large novel about myself , but here is the short version:

I am a social worker and I have a lot of experience with abused children, children in/on the streets, domestic violence, children that have HIV/AIDS and with children from the oncology section from the Children's Hospital in my town.

I started learning about photography 16 years ago with a fully manual Zenith SLR, I bought a Pentax MZ50 SLR after a while, took over 50 rolls of film during the process and most of them are useless. My first DSLR was Nikon D70s, then I bought from a friend the Canon 40D that stills does its job even today.

I explored many areas of photography and I started with street photography within a group of friends from my town. We had the group for several years and at some point we went on different paths. You can see here what we used to do back then - http://f8tois.blogspot.ro/.

The next step was the journalistic approach and I picked the events that resonated with me. It was a very good training period as I perfect the way I see. And I applied this to wedding photography which I love to do because it is the most dinamic event I can photograph. I just love it. But the lack of promoting my work makes me inexistent and people like the classic approach most.

After a while I figured out that the purpose is not to take photos that people will like, but to take photos with my soul in them. Photographs that, once brought together, can reconstitute me.

For more than a year I have been wondering through Nature with a good friend and it is a real pleasure to be shown the marvels of life.

I am also painting (with coffee and acrylic on canvas), hand crafting cards (https://felicitatori.wordpress.com/), carving in wood, crafting small minimalist flower vases out of cement-like materials and writing haiku.

These are a few things I have done throughout the years:

1. My website - www.ionut-ignat.ro

2. My Facebook profile - https://www.facebook.com/ignat.ionut

3. My Instagram profile. I have been using it since 2014 and all the photos have been taken only with mobile phones. I have also been keeping the original Instagram square format - https://www.instagram.com/ionutignat/

4. This is the very short movie that made it the Romanian Selection of the International Festival Around the Très Courts 2016 -

5. Timelapse fun - https://vimeo.com/ionutignat |

6. An animation created with a friend for a bike store from Iasi -
. And the making of - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWqO...ature=youtu.be

I am very many things and I could use an immortality pass to have the time to see, learn and master it all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ionutignat For This Useful Post:
MJ224 (25th January 2018), Phill D (25th January 2018)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
IainMacD (25th January 2018), MJ224 (25th January 2018), Phill D (25th January 2018), RobEW (25th January 2018), wornish (25th January 2018)
Old 25th January 2018

Thanked 1,217 Times in 1,134 Posts
Liked 1,673 Times in 835 Posts

What a stunning set of images and an excellent narrative to go with them. As Mark said they do have a surreal quality about them which is really nice to see. If this was the introduce yourself thread then you've done a stunning job. A warm welcome to the forum from me and I look forward to more of your images. Presumably you were happy with the Olympus kit you were trying out?
Old 25th January 2018

Thank you for your kind words, Phill!

Happy is just a faint description of how I felt when I was on the road with Oly. It was exactly how I imagined it would be. It was me.

It is my dream combination for wildlife and I'd love to see a 400 f4 coming next. The 1200mm focal length is the one I discovered to be the most appropriate for the way I see in many cases.

Until I'll have the means to make it my own I think I will ask for it again from Olympus Romania and if possible more than once as I would like to take it to a few rugby matches.
Old 25th January 2018

Liked 113 Times in 78 Posts

Wonderful, inspiring work. Thanks for sharing.
Old 25th January 2018

Thanked 1,329 Times in 1,271 Posts
Liked 1,098 Times in 750 Posts

Thank you for a great set of images.
Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
If you learn something new each day then that is not a day wasted.

Tags
haiku, nature, olympus, review, wildlife