Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Legacy Lenses

Legacy Lenses Discuss the use of older lenses, using adapters, from the Olympus OM system, Leica M and R-series, and the millions of others too.

Old 2nd February 2010

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
50mm f2 Sonnar

Having had some reasonable success with a Minolta fit Vivitar 70 - 210 mm + adapter, I have now got the bit between my teeth and wonder whether there is an adapter around that will allow my Contax 11A 50mm f2 Sonnar to fit my E-510.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Bob
Old 2nd February 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 50mm f2 Sonnar

Don't know anything about them but you can get them.

A search of all contax/Olympus adaptors on E-bay. (I don't know if there are different types of Contax mounts)

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=C...pter&_osacat=0

Mike

Last edited by TRIPLEPOT; 3rd February 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2nd February 2010
Xpres

You'll need a micro 4/3 camera to use a contax rangefinder lens to infinity.
Old 3rd February 2010

Thanks Mike and Xpres.

I've done a search on eBay and couldn't find one. However, I've still got several more Minolta lenses to try so I'll play with those, especially as I already have an adapter. I believe the bayonet fitting on my Sonnar is different from the fitting on later Contax SLRs.

Thanks again

bob
Old 3rd February 2010
Xpres

Bob - you won't be able to use you contax rangefinder lenses on a 510, except perhaps or macro, as the register is too long for them.
You can use them on micro 4/3, if you have an adapter or stack your adapters - contax to Leica to M4/3 for example.
Old 3rd February 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
Bob - you won't be able to use you contax rangefinder lenses on a 510, except perhaps or macro, as the register is too long for them.
You can use them on micro 4/3, if you have an adapter or stack your adapters - contax to Leica to M4/3 for example.
Thanks Xpres

It's not worth the bother then. I'll play with the other lenses I have that will fit the adapter I already have. The Contax adapters available are for Auto SLR lenses I believe and not rangefinder lenses.

Thanks again for your help

Bob