Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 2nd October 2010

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts
33rd challenge: The start - results

Thank you to all those who entered and voted making the competition very successful.

As you know we had 15 entries, all with a very different take on the theme.

20 people voted and the results ended up as follows, in reverse order of course:

In third place with 15 points was - The Start of the Day in Weymouth Harbour, which was by Pepper

In Second Place with 16 points was Shepherds Warning by Alan Clogwyn

In First Place with 20 points was The Start of our Lives Together by Susan.

Honorable mentions must go to The Start of the Micro Rally by Garrie and Starting the Dinner by David who gained 12 and 13 points respectively.

Thank you again to everybody for entering and a particular well done to Susan for lovely emotive image. Over to you Susan.
Old 2nd October 2010
pepper

Re: The start - results

Thank you Shirley for organising the challenge. Well done to Susan on a wonderful image I wish I had thought of doing a picture like that for my friends who were married last weekend! The challenge was great fun and also thanks to everyone who voted for my image.

Now it's over I can explain that my image was taken on my Panasonic DMC-L1 with the 25mm Olympus 25mm pancake lens.

I only used the Panasonic due to my better half going on a field trip and had asked me if she could borrow my E3 to take pictures of the kids whilst on their outward bound course. She needed a strongly built, waterproof camera, which the DMC-L1 isn't quite upto!

I knew I would be away in Weymouth working so I checked with Shirley before entering if it would be ok and I had previously asked on another challenge and it had been accepted that it would be OK there too.

Here's the link.

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10118

Altogether in my family SLR wise we have an E10, an E500 an E3 and my Dads old Panasonic DMC-L1, I just happened to be where I wanted to be on a week where everyone else had all my other E cameras.

Sorry if it caused a problem and I will endeavour to use my E cameras from now on

Regards

Richard x

Last edited by pepper; 2nd October 2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spealing mistakes
Old 2nd October 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: The start - results

Bit lost for words here, didn't expect to win! Congratulations to Richard and Alan too as well as Garrie and David.
There was a great variety of images and it was interesting to see how everyone interpreted the theme.
My picture was done using our marriage certificate holder, wedding rings, my bouquet and the poem we had read at the ceremony, it was mainly the words of the poem that gave me the idea for the shot.

Got my thinking cap on for the next comp title and will announce it asap.
Hope to get as many great entries for the next comp.

Thanks Susan
Old 2nd October 2010
davidsa

Thanks to Shirley for all her hard work and congratulations to Susan, Alan and Richard - and Garrie. I am rather surprised at coming so close behind the leaders and thanks to everyone who voted, particularly for my entry!

Looking forward to the next theme - I am sure Susan will come up with something interesting!

David
Old 2nd October 2010

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts

Ooops it seems I have caused confusion.
David Gethin's picture ..'Starting the Dinner' was the picture referred as coming fourth not Davidsa's picture which was entitled 'Which comes first...BREAKFAST'
Many apologies to Davidsa.
Old 2nd October 2010
davidsa

Not at all. My fault, I didn't look properly and jumped to conclusions!

My apologies and congratulations to David Gethin.

David
Old 2nd October 2010
Alan Clogwyn

I think that went rather well!

Congratulations to everybody, they were all great images, and of ocurse thanks to those who voted. I look forward to the next challenge!
Old 3rd October 2010
Karen C

Congratulations Susan & all, and many thanks to Shirley. I enjoyed thinking about how to interpret the theme, and am looking forward to the next one !!

Karen