Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 2nd April 2019

Liked 41 Times in 23 Posts
Possible Swap 12-100 F4 ( Still Thinking About It! )

Hello Again
No I promise you I havent come back here just to sell things! in fact so far I have sold nothing and bought a 45mm F1.8 / 3 batteries / HLD7 from three different members! I have also posted quite a bit already and I will be posting more but Im still kind of in recovery from illness / surgery.
Anyway let me get to the POSSIBLE point. After the weekend and taking a lot of shots I feel I might be better served with the 12-40 rather than the 12-100 which I currently own. I really could do with the extra stop of speed and I have plenty of coverage for anything greater than 40mm with other lenses like the Sigma 56mmm f1.4 etc. So I am considering swapping my nearly new mint condition 12-100F4 Pro for a 12-40mm F2.8 pro + money. If I sold my 12-100 which has been used 10 times (and has all the paperwork and remaining warranty etc) I would propapby want 700 as its literally totally like new and 4-6 weeks old. I would be looking for an excellent condition ( with no issues ) 12-40mm + some money as a swap / direct exchange. I think 12-40's go for 350ish second hand so I would be looking for around the same in money to make up the difference.
At this moment in time I am really still on the fence but I will be taking some more shots over the next 2 weeks and will make a final decision within those two weeks one way or the other. So if you are interested by all means send me a : I am interested PM and I will let you know as soon as I decide. By the way the 12-100 is a stellar performer no complaints at all, I just shoot a lot without flash indoors and the extra stop is really rather helpful, even though the 12-100's image stabilisation is superb.
If you think |I am off with the prices of course let me know.
Best Regards
Tim
Old 3rd April 2019

Re: Possible Swap 12-100 F4 ( Still Thinking About It! )

Quick update I have now have lots of pms so I will reply to them all when I'm home but from now 1130am pms are closed as I have enough potential swappers to complete if I go ahead. Thanks for your interest Regards Tim
Old 3rd April 2019

I took some time to peruse my images taken and I have definitely decided to trade so currently I have a deal to swap lens for lens + money pending. As there were a fair few people interested I will of course come back to the next in the queue so to speak if the deal falls through before completion.
Thanks all for your interest and messages and As mentioned I will update if the deal falls through or completes.
Best Regards
Tim
Old 6th April 2019

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Any update?
Old 6th April 2019

Swap is all arranged but wont complete until next week but it seems like its 99.99% certain to complete all ok. The only reason it hasnt completed prior to now is that I delayed it slightly due to being really busy the last few days!
Kind Regards
Tim
Old 9th April 2019

Swap / Trade has now been completed and I have a lovely near new 12-40 + & my near new 12-100 has found a new home. I think we are both very happy with the deal and it all ran 100% smoothly.
Thanks to my super swapper & everyone else for their interest
Regards
Tim

Tags
12-100, buy, exchange, swap