Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 27th March 2008
scanny

E1 lens mount, what can it take?

Hi all

Ive just got an ec-20 to use with my 50-200 lens and im wondering if there is any olympus figures or recomendations for the maximum loading on the lens mount. I was happy to let the 50-200 hang from the strap before the convertor was added but now with another component is it still ok, ideally i would use it tripod based but its not allways practical

Thanks
Old 27th March 2008
Cicak

Re: E1 lens mount, what can it take?

hi Scanny,

I guess if the 50-200 provides a collar support for tripod mount, it is advisable to not let the body take the full weight of the lens with additional support for long periods of time (especially in horizontal position).

i always support the lens(like 50-200SWD or 35-100) when i have a heavy lens attached to my camera body E-510. i used the EC-20 with 50-200SWD before(only 2-3 weeks because i sold the EC-20 within one month) and its kind of scary not to support then lens.

The E-1 may be able to take more punishment but my opinion is that; dont do this over an extended period. Better be safe than sorry. Cheers

My 2 cents worth
Old 27th March 2008
E-P1 fan

Re: E1 lens mount, what can it take?

The E-1 is a tough old bird and it's probably OK - for a while at least - but I'd not subject mine to those stresses long-term. Anyone know the official line on this question?