Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 109 Times in 67 Posts
Mixed bag

Everything ready for my weekend, and then semi disaster. The Duracell battery in the EM10 failed after only a hand full of shots despite being fully charged. I've had this before, so I think I'll be looking for another.

Still managed a few shots, and when I got home I put the Olympus one in and it seems to be metering its charge level well.

So its just a few from Woodhall Spa 40's weekend.

Tepid by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

Woolsley by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

And a slightly out of focus shot. Sunglasses + camera = frustration. Coupled with quite a few other people about, I made haste, but a slightly bigger aperture would have fixed this. I didn't get enough chance to remember what the buttons and wheels do!

King of the road by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

Still, after showing my dad a new watch (a thread for later...) he pulled this out. He's not worn it since I've been alive and it belonged to his Grandfather who was presented it for long service with British Rail. The hallmarks show its 9ct gold and was assayed in Edinburgh in 1960.

Tudor by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

45 years by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

Rolex by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

The stem appears to have broken and the crown is missing which is why it wasn't worn much by my dad. I was tasked with getting it working. It turns out that parts are only available from authorised dealers or second hand! First and likely only Rolex I'll ever have in my hands. Still its certainly a nice piece, and with a couple of turns of the ratchet wheel in the mechanism it ticks away.

Tudor by Alex Bennett, on Flickr
Barr1e (1 Week Ago), RobEW (1 Week Ago), sapper (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 810 Times in 502 Posts
Re: Mixed bag

As you know, Tudor watches were founded as a sister company to Rolex in 1926, offering similar quality at a cheaper price level. That little watch could maybe be worth a few bob to a collector, even if it still needs repair

John
al_kaholik (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanked 1,280 Times in 1,224 Posts
Liked 985 Times in 687 Posts

Fine vintage stuff.
Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
If you learn something new each day then that is not a day wasted.
The Following User Says Thank You to OM USer For This Useful Post:
al_kaholik (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Thanked 2,951 Times in 2,291 Posts
Liked 3,831 Times in 1,801 Posts

Not a bad comeback despite the battery issues!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Says Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
al_kaholik (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnheatingman View Post
As you know, Tudor watches were founded as a sister company to Rolex in 1926, offering similar quality at a cheaper price level. That little watch could maybe be worth a few bob to a collector, even if it still needs repair

John
Repair parts are on their way so I can decide whether or not to spend out on a full service and genuine Rolex crown. It would seem to have quite a bit of history if there is interest in that sort of thing, but I'm not sure that affects the value whatsoever.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 777 Times in 291 Posts

[QUOTE=al_kaholik;450718]Everything ready for my weekend, and then semi disaster. The Duracell battery in the EM10 failed after only a hand full of shots despite being fully charged. I've had this before, so I think I'll be looking for another.
Nice shots.
I had a similar problem some time ago. Took a battery that wasn't charged and it conked out. I managed to squeeze shots out of it by putting it in my pocket between shots. Not ideal but it worked.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 858 Times in 559 Posts

The mutilated screw head in no.2 is very ugly. The owner should change it - it smacks of poor workmanship!

Jim
Old 1 Week Ago

[quote=sapper;450841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_kaholik View Post
Everything ready for my weekend, and then semi disaster. The Duracell battery in the EM10 failed after only a hand full of shots despite being fully charged. I've had this before, so I think I'll be looking for another.
Nice shots.
I had a similar problem some time ago. Took a battery that wasn't charged and it conked out. I managed to squeeze shots out of it by putting it in my pocket between shots. Not ideal but it worked.
Thank you! Its dead as a door nail unfortunately. I've not put it on charge yet. The metering between 100% and 'it's dead Jim' was disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ford View Post
The mutilated screw head in no.2 is very ugly. The owner should change it - it smacks of poor workmanship!

Jim
Quite right, its probably original and as such someone is loathed to replace it. Once I'd inspected the little emblem there, it was the chewed screw head that made me want to take a picture! I'm all about the little details.