Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
OM-3Ti cheapest one ever!? 750

Please read all of this: I am selling MY OM-3Ti. It's cosmetically excellent and works perfectly apart from one fault: the shutter speed readout doesn't change in the viewfinder. This is a working OM-3Ti you can use.

Everything works otherwise: the shutter speed does change and the LCD readout works (bar graph, spot, shadow, highlight). So though the shutter speed can be set at any speed, the display doesn't reflect the change. This is a display only issue.

Yes I did send it to Luton cameras who suspect the main board which isn't available.

This is worth bearing in mind film fans: 0M-3, 3-Ti, OM-4 and OM-4Ti. The main board is no longer available so even if you buy a working one, not all faults will be repairable.

It's on Ebay as well but I thought I'd offer it on here.

Mal
Old 4 Weeks Ago

SOLD on Ebay!!!

Sold almost straight away - wow!
The Following User Liked This Post:
drmarkf (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Liked 1,163 Times in 666 Posts
Re: OM-3Ti cheapest one ever!? 750

Main boards on these were always a source of failures. I bought my OM-4 in the late 1980s second hand from a dealer in London (possibly Fox Talbot - I now forget) whod replaced the board and a couple of bits in the film winder mechanism.

I remember them telling me the commonest failure was something that caused the batteries to run down even faster than usual. Im not sure how youd tell...

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-32, 12-35, 15. Samyang 7.5 fisheye. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Liked 756 Times in 487 Posts

I think I must be lucky with my OM-4 as it doesn't eat batteries. I did have an OM-2SP that did, though. I have heard that some late OM-4s have the same board as the OM-4Ti so don't have the battery drain issue.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Later OM-4s don't have the battery drain issue but I doubt the main board is exactly the same.

I must say this experience has made me wonder about these old cameras now. I.e. it's worth hanging onto one but I can't see it worth investing in over 1000 on an OM-3Ti or top money for a 4-Ti if a failure can make them into a paperweight.

Good thing about the 3 and 3-Ti is they still work without a battery so with an external light meter you're still in business.