Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Converters, adapters and extension tubes

Converters, adapters and extension tubes All those lens accessories that get in between the lens and the camera.

Old 13th December 2016

Liked 2,545 Times in 1,218 Posts
Re: Teleconverts again

Wow, many thanks for replies and wisdom.

I think I am expecting too much from the idea of telephoto shooting. Getting nearer to the subject is as good as idea as any.

Having been a land surveyor for most of my life (now retired) I should know that when looking through powerful scopes, the atmosphere humidity is also magnified, thus powerful scopes are not always a winner.

Despite what I have just said I have just bought a 1:6.7 aperture mirror lens, 500mm and will enjoy playing with that, or not!!

Mj
Old 13th December 2016

Liked 218 Times in 98 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

Some of the best photos posted on this forum have been taken with the 50-200+EC14 on both FT and MFT bodies. See http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43654 for example.

I too found the 2x rather soft on the top pro lenses but the EC14 and MC14 seem fine on both pro and top pro lenses.

EM1, EM5 II
Old 13th December 2016

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

I almost always use my 40-150mm f2.8 Pro lens with the TC and have no complaints about the quality even at 210mm focal length. I am sure adding the TC does degrade the resolution, but I still find it more than sharp enough for my needs. I have also never seen the colour fringing that some tests have found.

I did have the 4/3 1.4x TC and never really liked it. I used it with both versions of the 50-200mm lens but was generally disappointed with the results. This was probably down to my lack of technique with the extra focal length as much as any inherent optical deficiencies.

Mark
Old 31st December 2016

Liked 233 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-by-u View Post
For the cattle class, there is that digital X2 already built into your camera.
Blu - Which Body are you referring to? Also don't think many took you up on the resulting quality issues.
Pentax has had a fantastic TC for ever and it's compatible for all its stuff. Guess Oly is just trying to trade us up to bigger glass. Shame.
Happy New Year