Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 18th January 2019

Thanked 1,491 Times in 1,442 Posts
Liked 4,101 Times in 1,856 Posts
Local Legends

You know you're getting desperate when you start shooting memorials'.
Taken on this morning's walk with the XZ-2 and camera phone combo!

The light fantastic

What does it say about the Aussie psyche: A footballer cast in bronze - An Australian WWII War Hero gets a laser cut photo

George Mawby Ingram 1859- 1951 * Died at Hastings, Victoria, Australia

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
The Following Users Liked This Post:
IPWheatley (18th January 2019), OM USer (18th January 2019)
Old 18th January 2019

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Re: Local Legends

In answer to your question, it says a lot. In this day and age of total mediocraty we all need heroes. People to look up to. To admire and respect. My two are Bobby Moore, the greatest player ever to have worn the shirt. The second is my grandfather, who served in the Great War, and was badly wounded, resulting in him being robbed of a promising career in sport. He was a very talented footballer and cricketer who would almost certainly have gone on to make his mark in whichever one he chose. Quite simply, I worshipped him. I enjoyed your post very much, thank you Mark, regards, Ian W.
Old 18th January 2019

Thanked 1,491 Times in 1,442 Posts
Liked 4,101 Times in 1,856 Posts
Re: Local Legends

You are right, Ian. in this day and age we do need heroes to admire and respect to offset all the bad guys in society, although I am not a fan of sport. You might be surprised to hear that my contemporary heroine is Theresa May for reasons outlined in the Brexit (sic) thread, Pages 228, 229, 230. Well, if I have a personal WWI hero it would be my mother's teenage sweetheart, one Leslie Anson Drake who at age 19 volunteered like many other young Australians did. I am very touched by a small cameo photo mum sent me before she died, of one Leslie Anson Drake to whom she waved goodbye when he and her brother sailed for the Middle East in 1916. On the back of the photo she wrote "I knew that I would never see him again, he was killed on the battlefields of France, but my brother survived."

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill