Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New: Gillis London Olympus branded Trafalgar Leather Messenger bag

New: Gillis London Olympus branded Trafalgar Vintage Leather Messenger bag

http://www.gillislondon.com/copy-of-...8-attache-came

http://www.camerabags.gillislondon.c...enger-bag-7749

Messenger bag in vintage leather with sturdy padded adjustable shoulder straps and bespoke metal fittings.
Quilted detachable tray with velcro walls allows for camera and lenses to be arranged with the help of quilted flexible dividers.
Specially crafted removable bridge allows easy access for a small tripod from the side zipped opening.
Top zipped opening allows for easy access to items in the tray. The front zipped pocket is can be used to store ipads or tablets.
Zipped pocket at the back is perfect for 13 laptop.
Camera bag with tripod storage? or a standard messenger bag? A great example of multi purpose style.
Fits: Compact travel tripod, mirrorless camera with zoom lens attached, 2 additional lenses, memory cards, smart phone, filters and personal items.

https://youtu.be/UPnnUwGeWPU

I picked up the OMD E-M1 Mk2 from WEX last weekend and this bag was included in the deal. The RRP according to Gillis London is 275. I'd like around 200 or happy to exchange for a m43 macro or wide angle lens.

It is brand new with tags and is absolutely stunning! But I already have a think tank bag which is more suitable to my needs so I'm happy to let this one go.

The Olympus name is embossed on the shoulder strap.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kittyk.../in/datetaken/

It would make a wonderful gift for the style-conscious Oly shooter.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 2,932 Times in 1,015 Posts
Re: New: Gillis London Olympus branded Trafalgar Leather Messenger bag

Is this the bag that was being offered as part of the E-M1ii bundle deal back at The Photography Show?
The Following User Liked This Post:
Johnheatingman (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 618 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
Is this the bag that was being offered as part of the E-M1ii bundle deal back at The Photography Show?
Yes, I have one too....

Some Olympus stuff
I didn't get where I am today...
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,032 Posts
Liked 937 Times in 456 Posts

It's an either you love it or hate it bag in my opinion - I won't give prizes for which is my view

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi yes as mentioned, I got it bundled with the EM1 mk 2 that I bought at WEX at the weekend. Like I said, I already have a Think Tank that suits my needs better.

But if you're the sort of person who likes a nice stylish leather bag to carry around your camera gear in, this might be for you! I thought it was worth offering it on here given it's Olympus branded rather than putting it straight on ebay.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 128 Times in 66 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

Looks to me like a solution in search of a problem.

EM1, EM5 II
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 854 Times in 518 Posts

I considered selling mine too but haven't got round to it. There was one on ebay for ages after the show but it did eventually sell.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the bag- absolutely brilliant for M43 ( takes the big pro zoom as well), and stylish as hell
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Glad someone appreciates theirs! I guess if I have no interest it will go up on eBay. I need to get some new high speed cards for my camera so here's hoping that it sells!
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 854 Times in 518 Posts

I'd be interested in how you pack your bag olympuscharlie. I agree I'm glad someone has found it useful, I might stand a chance selling mine too then. Good luck with your sale Kittykat I think ebay is your best bet as there are a lot of folks on here with them already. Hope you'll let us know how you get on. If you are successful I might have a go myself as I've not braved ebay for selling anything before.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Phil

I use the 2 drawer mechanism. In the top went ( just swapping to primes!) the 40-150 pro and em1 mounted (and placed sideways), and the 12-40 with a divider. Occasionally I would take the tray out and lay the camera lens flat inside (quicker to remove). In the bottom went my 7-14, the panasonic 25mm and batteries, mini flash and bits, all with dividers. The MC 14 teleconverter i would store in its pouch under the 40-150. As I tend to use a camera and lens around my neck all of the time the bag wasn't too heavy. If i wanted to use anything other than the 40-150, i would just move a divider.

On the whole its the best bag I have used for M43. Only slight minus points are the strap, although nice looking, takes a lot of wear to get it supple, and the zip opener on top of the bag ...I think that eventually it will separate at the ends, but i guess the repair will not be an excessive cost. Having this bag has forced me to downsize my kit, which is good Hopefully it will be lighter again with the primes
Old 6 Days Ago

Liked 265 Times in 183 Posts

That looks a very interesting and versatile bag. However, I don't think that my wife would be in favour of me getting another camera bag.........having just bought one of those 22 canvas jobbies from 7DS.

E-M1, Pen F, E-PL5, HLD-7, 17, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), Nikon F80 (film), 28-105 Sigma, GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
Old 6 Days Ago

Liked 410 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympuscharlie777 View Post
Hi Phil

I use the 2 drawer mechanism. In the top went ( just swapping to primes!) the 40-150 pro and em1 mounted (and placed sideways), and the 12-40 with a divider. Occasionally I would take the tray out and lay the camera lens flat inside (quicker to remove). In the bottom went my 7-14, the panasonic 25mm and batteries, mini flash and bits, all with dividers. The MC 14 teleconverter i would store in its pouch under the 40-150. As I tend to use a camera and lens around my neck all of the time the bag wasn't too heavy. If i wanted to use anything other than the 40-150, i would just move a divider.

On the whole its the best bag I have used for M43. Only slight minus points are the strap, although nice looking, takes a lot of wear to get it supple, and the zip opener on top of the bag ...I think that eventually it will separate at the ends, but i guess the repair will not be an excessive cost. Having this bag has forced me to downsize my kit, which is good Hopefully it will be lighter again with the primes
But its just so HEAVY............
Old 5 Days Ago

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol, with the pro lenses and camera in I agree, but I used to walk around with the 40-150 and em1 body round my neck, so not so bad. Now with primes, it's just about perfect...